Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Compliance Analyst to join the Global Share Disclosure Team in London. The team sits within Investment Compliance.
We're looking for someone with some prior legal or compliance experience who is passionate about building a career within Compliance.
What you'll need to do
* Daily monitoring of substantial shareholding positions approaching disclosure thresholds
* Completion and submission of long and short disclosure notifications to UK, European and other overseas issuers and authorities in an accurate and timely manner
* Daily monitoring of EMEA Takeover Panels, submitting disclosures within stipulated deadlines
* Liaising with overseas offices, providing assistance/ troubleshooting for submission of their notifications
* Monitoring and processing regulatory pre-clearance letters and submitting the relevant applications.
* Monitoring the group inbox and responding to issuer requests and other ad-hoc requests for information/ general enquiries from both external and internal sources
* Sourcing and uploading index data to the compliance system on an ad-hoc basis
* Recording and maintaining team statistics and logs
* Keeping abreast of regulatory change in respect of disclosure rules and requirements and communicating changes as necessary.
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
* Previous experience working in a compliance or legal department
* Ability to assimilate and act on information quickly
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
* University qualification or equivalent
* Acute attention to detail and time management
* Assertive, proactive and highly organised
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
* Self-motivated and able to work effectively within a team
The knowledge, skills and qualifications that'll help
* Experience in shareholding disclosure monitoring and reporting
* Knowledge and awareness of disclosure rules, particularly UK and European
What you'll be like
* Passionate and eager to learn about Compliance
* Good administration skills, with high level of accuracy and attention
* Ability and willingness to learn processes and procedures
* Good written and oral communication skills at all levels, both internally and externally.
* Excellent telephone skills and experience in client liaison
* Able to work under pressure, prioritise workload and work to deadlines
* Able to work autonomously/pro-actively
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic
* Good at working in a team, and with other teams
* Someone with a real attention to detail and a meticulous nature
* Strong sense of initiative
* Flexible, curious and willing to learn
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.