2to3days is a purpose driven company whose mission it is to advance women’s equality at work through the power of flexible working. Created in 2015, 2to3days has been built from the founder’s kitchen table.
We are driven to change the working landscape for women of today and for future generations. We are a dynamic, nimble team with agency support. Our head office is the Founders’ home in South West London and all the team work remotely and flexibly even before Lockdown.
We have an excellent reputation of partnering with innovative businesses, working with high calibre of women who are looking for a diverse range of business and professional roles across the UK.
We are now on our ‘scale up’ journey to establish 2to3days to be the leading community for empowering women at work. To achieve this, the time is right to create a new role in the organisation to support this growth phase. Juliet Turnbull, CEO and Founder is looking for a very special individual to join her as Head of Operations / COO to take 2to3days through its next stage of growth.
Who is right for this role? You could be working full time, part time or on a career break – it doesn’t matter. What matters is that you have a burning desire to build a business bringing all your expertise, skills, and a lifetime of ‘know how’ to a role that super energises you. That by working with Juliet your combined skill set makes for a formidable team. To work out if this role is for you here’s a snapshot of where Juliet wants to focus her time and energy.
Juliet’s role as Founder and CEO;
- The face of the brand and the custodian of our vision, brand position and values;
- Owns, identifies and delivers key strategic sales
- Develops new strategic and content partnerships
- Identifies new product and service lines
- Management of key stakeholders and investors
- Keynote speaking
- A Champion and a voice for the women in the 2to3days community
- Plays an active role in the marketing strategy
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to lead a high performing team, have a talent for communication and proven skills in operational excellence against agreed revenue outcomes.
You will also be able to quickly gain the required knowledge and skills to become a value-adding resource and trusted advisor to the CEO / Founder.
- Support CEO/Founder in development of the growth strategy
- Active participant in monthly Board meetings
- Line manager for all staff including Marketing/ Sales and admin
- Manage all third-party suppliers and external agencies
- Develop and deliver technical infrastructure to support business including new website
- Responsibility for operational processes to ensure QA and on-time, on-budget delivery
- Key Account Management (and Client Services Manager in due course)
- Responsibility for all HR matters and development of team members as the business grows
- Contribute to the financial modelling
- Ensure that all legal, HR and Compliance requirements are in place and kept up to date
Skills and Experience
- It is essential to have senior operational and managerial experience in an online business with a strong bias towards digital marketing, sales and e-commerce – ideally a scale-up or an entrepreneur / founder led business
- Strong mojo and positive outlook on life
- Desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic growth environment
- Ability to convert strategy to operational success
- Structured, organised and process-driven -- working to agreed metrics and budgets
- Ability to see the big vision but with a maniacal attention to detail
- A natural team player and humble leader, no room for ego!
- An open and collaborative communicator, great at managing people
- High standard of written English
- Previous recruitment and/or jobs board experience
- Personal and/or business experience of social media and digital marketing would be an asset
This role is realistically 3 - 4 days a week but it is output that we are seeking rather than hours at the desk. We absolutely walk our talk, so this role is the embodiment of work-life integration. This role is as much about skills and experience as it is about having a passion to build an incredible business.
Whilst the team works remotely and we don’t envisage having an office you will need to be able to meet up in person (post lockdown) with Juliet on a regularly basis. Therefore, realistically you need to be within an easy commute of Wandsworth London for this role to work.
As a growing company we are offering a modest salary plus commission. Once funding is in place you will receive an open market salary commensurate with the age and stage of the business, plus equity participation based on a set of clear deliverables.
As the Founder, I want to encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Please upload your CV and write Juliet a letter to explain why this role is right for you and the value you can bring to 2to3days.