At Paper, we’re on the lookout for a talented, COO/CFO, to help us modernise the world of insurance. Paper is an exciting InsurTech start-up, building a mobile platform to better engage consumers with insurance while reducing cost for all parties.
The company was conceived in 2018, initially focusing on providing a white label app for Homeowners insurance. The app links seamlessly with Insurance company software to provide a service that is currently not available in many parts of the world. We have now extended the app to include vehicle insurance and built a Agency Desktop site if their existing systems don't support API integration.
We are at the exciting phase of launch where our first Licence agreement has been returned and our pipeline is looking healthy.
We are purpose driven, focused on the markets where customers are underserved by technology and allocate a share of our revenue to buy an insurance product that will pay out when a hurricane or disaster strikes.
Paper is a team of 7 split between London and Argentina.
Role and Responsibility
Finance and Corporate
- Control and evaluate the organization’s financial and fundraising plans
- Work together with the external accountants to maintain management accounts and drive the statutory accounts process and carry out all necessary filings
- Monitor tax and corporate filings are carried out in a timely fashion
- On a monthly basis prepare reliable current and forecasting reports as well as investor reports
- Regularly maintain and update the company’s financial model
- Drive the corporate / legal aspects of the fundraising process (e.g. captable, term-sheets, long-form documentation, filings etc.)
- Work along external providers to manage the statutory and legal aspects of employees and and contractors
- Work with the CEO on the business plan and prepare investor presentations
- Support the CEO with the market research (analytical and qualitative) and product-market fit and pricing decisions
- Assist CEO in the sales process and client onboarding
- Assist in the negotiation and management of contracts with both clients and suppliers
- Assist tech development team by building pricing models based on client’s documentation
- Jointly manage the teams with a view to you solely taking on this role as the business grows
- Proven experience as CFO, COO or relevant role within a startup environment
- Experience with and good understanding of the fundraising process
- High flexibility and multidisciplinary interest and skills to operate in a dynamic startup environment
- Background in banking/private equity/management consultancy is a plus
- Good knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Good use of MS Office, Google docs suite and accountancy software (e.g. Xero)
- Experience with contract negotiation
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Good communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or relevant field preferrable
- Support CEO/Founder in development of the growth strategy
- Active participant in monthly Board meetings
This role is realistically 3 - 4 days a week but it is output that we are seeking rather than hours at the desk. This role is as much about skills and experience as it is about having a passion to build an incredible business.
We have taken space in Cannon St and ideally you would be in the office a couple of days a week. Ultimately we are all used to working remotely and so flexibility is a given.
In addition to the salary stated, open to discuss equity as key deliverables are achieved.
Please upload your CV and include a covering letter to explain why this role is right for you and the value you can bring to Paper.
Application deadline 21.12.2020
Interviews will commence 28.12.2020 and we are hoping to hire early to mid January 2021