We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Consumer Finance Advisory role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Senior Manager/Associate Director to form part of the successful and growing Grant Thornton Consumer Corporate Finance Advisory team.
The Consumer CFA team is a national team with current key strengths in food & beverage and online retail. This role is to support the Partner and Director who lead these sectors, building the business and transacting deals. In time, we are keen to expand across the consumer sector and this will include Travel and Leisure.
We have ambitious growth plans and are extremely flexible in our approach. Although the Partner and Director are based in the South-West and London respectively, we actively welcome applications from candidates across the UK. If you feel you have the right skill set and interest in the sector, then we can accommodate any location.
Experience in consumer is preferable. However, we are happy to look at applicants who have experience transacting in any sector. What is key is that you have a passion to transact in the consumer sector and would like to further your career in the space.
You will be fully supported by the partner and director and a team of managers and executives, but ultimately you will be comfortable running the day to day management of a deal yourself.
We would be happy to consider flexible, or 4 day a week requests
Making quality second nature
- comfortable with taking the day to day lead on transactions, supporting the partner or director
- able to deal with a wide range of transactions including sale mandates, buy-side and management buy-outs
- technically capable of advising on private equity structures
- effectively manages all parties within a transaction, dealing with conflicts as they may arise
- reviews final drafts of Information Memorandums and Business Plans, ensuring broader market issues are included
- takes responsibility and ownership of client relationships typically at Board level
Own your own work
- leads business development initiatives
- comfortable in supporting the partner or director in new client pitches
- pro-actively identifying cross-selling opportunities
- continues to build own network from which to generate and convert leads
- builds a personal profile in the external market
- plays a key role in marketing events and originating thought leadership material
Be Part of a team
- builds an assignment team by understanding the components and strengths of the wider team and how this fits with the client and the work required
- takes responsibility and ownership for wider team issues
- manages, motivates and coaches team members by inducting effectively, giving regular feedback and completing timely performance reviews
- ensures the effective allocation of resource for assignments, proactively maximises efficiencies and provides development opportunities to the team
- instils a risk management culture within the team as well as mitigating risk appropriately
- ensures bills are raised and costs are collected on a timely basis
- identifies and evaluates risk management issues; mitigating risk appropriately
Build your brand
- demonstrates a consistent desire for continuous improvement
- takes an active role in their development, working with the director or partner to produce and implement a development plan to progress within the firm
The minimum criteria
- ACA/ACCA Qualified
- Desirable background of experience form Investment Banking
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.