Commercial Consultant - Birmingham, Bristol, London or Manchester Rail
We are seeking a Commercial Consultant to help deliver service excellence and grow the Cost and Commercial Assurance (CCA) service line in 2018 and beyond
With a successful and expanding service line in place, the CCA team are looking for an individual with financial audit and/or cost management experience (preferably, but not essentially, ACCA or MRICS). The successful individual will ideally have experience within a consulting environment, a passion for enhancing the delivery of projects and programmes, as well as the ambition to rapidly take on responsibility and help develop the service line. This opportunity can be based in our Birmingham, Bristol, London or Manchester offices.
Cost and Commercial Assurance is a leading edge, innovative service line, providing high value and insightful outcomes to major clients throughout Arcadis’ Infrastructure, Water and Energy sectors. The service is a commercially-driven, financially-focussed provider of confidence, value for money and process improvement solutions across multi-million pound capital investment contracts.
There is a real opportunity for the successful individual to develop a broad and interesting consultancy skill set within a supportive and friendly environment. The CCA team prides our strong team ethic and knowledge-sharing approach to ensure that our service remains at the cutting edge of what Arcadis is able to offer our client base.
The successful individual will play a pivotal role in delivering commissions to our clients. This will involve taking ownership of a stream of activity and the responsibility for timely delivery, through to the effective presentation of results. The role will require the successful individual to be confident in liaising with, and presenting to, both clients and contractors as well as managing and extracting information from third parties. Typical tasks and activities will include:
- Detailed analysis of cost data against contractual/commercial principles.
- Appraisal of cost/commercial management systems and processes.
- Identification of process improvement opportunities.
- Interfacing with contractor’s project and finance staff to obtain key documentation/data.
- Management of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
- Production of close-out reports.
- Presentation of outputs and recommendations to clients and contractors.
- Travelling to different sites/locations nationally and internationally.
- Internal and external marketing/development of the CCA service line.
- Cost, Commercial and Contractual capability in an audit or project delivery environment.
- Process and systems compliance experience.
- Experience of identifying and assessing risks in project environments.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills and a wide understanding of Excel functions.
- Knowledge and competence in the use of construction contracts, preferably NEC3 Option C (Target Cost).
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain high standards of work and meet deadlines whilst under pressure.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- The ability to effectively communicate with a range of individuals at varying levels of seniority.
- The ability to understand, manage and interpret data from a range of sources.
- The ability to grasp high level concepts and comfort with ambiguity
- The ability to demonstrate ‘output thinking’ from the outset.
- Enjoys team working but is also comfortable working alone to tight deadlines.
The successful individual will be naturally inquisitive, ambitious, and motivated to progress their career quickly. A natural eye for detail is essential, but with an ability to put commercial context around the detail to enable our clients to make wider, impactful business decisions. The successful individual should remain output focussed throughout the duration of commissions and able to empathise with our clients’ points of view.
The Cost and Commercial Assurance service line requires individuals to be able to deliver potentially contentious results and findings in a manner that supports and assists clients. As a Commercial Consultant you will need to be flexible and able to adapt to different client requirements at short notice and happy to travel both throughout the UK and abroad in the pursuit of successful delivery.