Job title: Credit Analyst
Corporate Title: Associate
Department: Fixed Income
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
Fixed Income Team consists of fixed income investment management, money market funds and credit research. All funds the team manages are denominated in Euro, US dollar, Japanese yen and other major currencies. Our clients are both retail and institutional. Japanese investors are the major clients and non-Japanese clients are growing fast. Credit funds are one of the fastest growing products in Fixed Income Team. The credit research team is based in London and Tokyo, and currently consists of five analysts. Our analysts cover North American and European companies. Analysts also co-work with portfolio managers and other credit analysts not just at NAMUK but in APAC regions (e.g. Singapore, Tokyo).
We are seeking to hire a credit analyst at Associate. Coverage is principally non-financial companies on a global base (mainly EMEA and US). The coverage includes mostly investment grade and some non-investment grade in the Consumer sector.
Outperformance over the market and superior performance of funds is our goal. An analyst is expected to contribute to fund performance by company research and securities recommendation. The analyst will review and make short reports on weekly and monthly sector and issuer bond performance.
- Candidates should have strong background of financial research or corporate accounting.
- Analyst experience is not necessarily required, but enthusiasm and commitment to financial analysis is strongly desired.
- High Excel skills (for financial modelling, forecasting, data analysis and charting) are necessary.
- Research experience of Communication sector is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Holder of Chartered Financial Analyst and/or Chartered Accountant qualifications (or equivalents) is welcome.
- Strong aspiration to become Portfolio Manager through the course of the career path is welcome.
- Familiarity with corporate fixed income and spread markets and basic understanding of bond pricing and valuation concepts are preferred.
- Natural inclination towards a team-based, collaborative environment. Clear spoken & written communication skills are required, as the role involves a great deal of interaction with portfolio managers & fellow investment analysts.
- Good degree gained from an academic institution.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.