Overview of the role
- You will be writing credit analysis of corporate companies in the sports sector (football clubs, golf, tennis, rugby, etc).
- Strong fundamental credit skills required as we would expect you to have a minimum of 4-5 years working as a credit analyst in a bank or credit rating agency spreading a company’s financial figures and analysing a company’s performance.
- It is highly desirable to have Spanish and/or Portuguese skills coupled with with good fluency in English.
- You will be presenting your recommendations to credit committee so good written and verbal skills are a pre-requisite for the role.
- You will be helping to build out our credit assessment functionality with a view to automating parts of the process to improve efficiency and working with the rating agencies on developing a ratings model.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for analysing financial statements, using commercial credit tools and qualitative information from the market to conduct detailed analysis into a borrower’s creditworthiness
- Developing projections on a company’s performance with appropriate assumptions
- Modelling of debt financing transactions
- Communicating effectively to key stakeholders across the business including the marketing team, lenders, lawyers and clients
- Composing due diligence lists and discussing and evaluating findings
- Monitoring the client base and ensuring the right level of management reporting and risk mitigation is taking place
- Updating internal processes and working with stakeholders to ensure the credit requirements are clear
Required Experience and Knowledge
- Good command of English,
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills (written and verbal) are highly desirable
- A university degree and/or professional qualifications
- An interest in Sport, especially the strategic, operational and business aspects of football and sport overall is helpful
- Experience within business credit risk, ideally in a Fintech company or financial services
- Excellent ability reading financial statements and credit documentation
- An excellent communicator who can articulate credit decisions and has the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels across the company
- A strong track record of driving change to improve processes who is always striving for simplicity and efficiency
- A creative mindset with the ability to think outside of the box to suggest solutions to problems
- Naturally curious and passionate about credit risk
- Self-starter and thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge and experience in working in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
***Initially this role will be offered on a 3 days per week basis but with prospect of going 5 days a week full-time. Ultimately we will be flexible for the right person with the right experience***
Will include pension, medical insurance and 25 days holiday, to be advised at interview stage.