At Taylor Maxwell, we have been providing facade and timber products to the construction industry for over 60 years. Today we operate from 14 regional locations across the UK supplying a range of brick, cladding, timber, masonry, and offsite solutions.
Check out the role overview below If you are confident you have got the right skills and experience, apply today.
Operating through an established UK-wide network, we provide innovative products, expert advice and service to timber merchants, clients, architects, developers, and contractors. Over the years we have acquired a wealth of local market knowledge, enabling us to build strong professional relationships and help our clients realise their ambitions.
PLEASE NOTE: we are recruiting for either a Full-Time or Part-Time Credit Controller. Please state on your application whether you are interested in a Full-Time or Part-Time working pattern.
The successful candidate will become part of an experienced Credit Control team. They will have responsibility for many aspects of Credit Control from cash posting, setting and managing credit limits, collections, through to managing debts and trade credit insurance claims. The position reports to the Credit Control Manager and will interact with directors, company management and staff across the group.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the existing Credit Control team
- Build strong effective relations with customers and throughout the company
- Cooperate with company management
- Liaise with the national sales team to ensure that monies outstanding are paid on time
- Perform regular credit checks on new and existing customers
- Ensure all customer accounts have agreed Credit Limits and update management on changes
- Telephone collections are undertaken proactively and efficiently facilitate the resolution of queries
- Maintain accurate customer collections records and customer details
- Reconciling customer accounts
- Issue final demands and agree subsequent steps with company management
- Work closely with the Credit Control Manager to ensure the company financial objectives are met, in accordance with company policies, procedures, systems and culture
- Reducing overall debtor levels
- Issuing regular reports on accounts, bad debts, insurance claims as required by company management
- Review new customer account applications prior to set up
- Produce and send monthly customer statements
- Any other duty deemed by the directors to be in the interest of the team in achieving its objectives
- Calm, assertive and good team-player
- Excellent communication skills to persuade customers to pay on time and liaise with internal teams
- Methodical, attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organistional skills
These skills will be necessary to build positive relations with our customers (internal and external) and suppliers.
- A good understanding of IT systems (Microsoft Dynamics would be an advantage) in order to effectively carry out this role.
- Proven experience in credit control and handling trade credit insurance claims is required, preferably Euler Hermes.
- Qualified with the Chartered Institute of Credit Management, although this is not essential.
- Competitive salary
- Office Car Parking
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing with years of service
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Annual leave purchase scheme
Please ensure your application clearly states how you meet the 'essential' criteria of the above person specification.
All employees have a duty not to discriminate against each other, customers or suppliers and not to help anyone else do so
Taylor Maxwell is an equal opportunities employer.
Please visit our website for our job applicant privacy notice: www.taylormaxwell.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy-notice.