25 days ago
You will be working in the credit control function as a Credit Controller. This team is responsible for maintaining the accounts receivable ledger and ensuring that all related transactions relating to bank transactions and Trade Debtors are accurately booked into Microsoft Dynamics. This role works closely with an outsourced credit control company to manage the accounts receivable ledger, and also involves interactions with tenants (LIVAT Hammersmith shopping centre). Ingka Centres are part of the Ingka Group (IKEA Retail comes under the same umbrella and these entities work together very closely).
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM
We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders. At the end of the day, that’s one of the foundations to make IKEA/Ingka Centres even better! It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to achieve our business goals. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to our team.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate effectively in a virtual team and with customers
• Previous work experience within an accounting or credit control department
• Intermediate to Advanced experience of Excel and other Microsoft packages
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work under own initiative and pro-actively follow up with relevant stakeholders
• Support Ingka Centres accounting process set up
• Manage customer (tenant) queries and resolve account queries
• Calculating service charges for tenants and following up on the payment schedule
• To produce timely and accurate reconciliations of all accounts in your control
• Book all business account transactions into MS Dynamics relating to bank transactions and Trade Debtors
• Managing and recording the bad debt write-off/write-on.
• To manage VAT refunds for Business Customers
• Apply business and accounting knowledge to make sense of the transactions and challenge when necessary
• Ensure that tax is correctly calculated and posted in each transaction
• Provide pro-active solutions to issues and look for better ways of working (process optimisation)