Our client based in Tamworth is looking for an experienced Credit Controller / finance assistant to support the organisation and work closely within the sales department on a part time, 30 hours a week basis. This is a newly created role reporting directly to the Finance Director.
The full job description covers all associated skills, previous experience, and any qualifications that applicants are expected to have.
In you new role
- Processing all new sales invoices, ensuring all of the details are correct and following up with the sales team if information is missing.
- Ensuring all sales invoices are accurate, sent to the correct customer and logged within the system.
- Credit control - following a process, including phone calls to customers, ensuring that credit control targets are hit and payments are received in line with the agreed payment terms.
- Handling invoice queries, complaints and credits confidently and following the required process before escalation.
- Working with the legal team for escalating bad debt.
- Working with the management team, creating reports and providing commentary on an ad hoc and regular basis.
- Daily banking receipts.
- Processing all purchase ledger invoices, posting to sage and ensuring they are accurate.
- Performing audits on data.
- All other general duties associated with the finance department.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
- A natural people person, you must be confident in your telephone manner, and be able to build relationships with customers on all levels.
- Experience within a sales admin / credit control focussed role.
- A general understanding of a finance role which covers all duties within a department.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and problem solve / be a self starter.
- Accurate and efficient in data entry and reporting.
- Experience of all Microsoft packages and SAGE is beneficial
What you'll get:
- Great working hours mon-fri9am-3pm
- Training and development in the role
- Great office culture
- Free Parking onsite