This role would suit an individual with previous experience gained in a hands-on small-medium sized business environment.
The Credit Controller is responsible for ensuring that all customers receive a prompt and professional service. The credit controller will be responsible for dealing with customer queries and managing aged debt, for the issuing of credit notes or refunds, and for ensuring that all transactions are recorded accurately.
- Resolve any customer queries or complaints
- Issue credit notes or refunds to customers as required
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded accurately in the company’s systems
- Process invoices, statements, purchase orders and returns within agreed deadlines to ensure that the company meets its financial targets.
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain goods on credit
- Process monthly statements from suppliers
- Reconcile discrepancies with suppliers and customers managing bad debt risks
- Prepare daily cash forecasts
- Reconcile bank statements
- Handle daily banking transactions including cash in/out, cheques in/out and standing orders
- Maintain accurate records of all transactions relating to the business