- Growing and dynamic global tech company
- Small friendly global team and an awesome culture
- Flexible working arrangements
Is this the next step in your career Find out if you are the right candidate by reading through the complete overview below.
Phocas helps companies turn manufacturing, distribution, and retail data into results. Our award-winning software provides customers with insights that help them make more informed, data-driven decisions, improving efficiencies, and boosting their bottom line.
Phocas isn’t just loved by our customers. We also have some of the happiest employees going around! In fact, Phocas ranks #1 in G2 Crowd, has a 4.9/5 rating on Glassdoor, and appears in Deloitte's Fast 50, and in 2019 & 2021 Phocas won the Culture Transformation Award from Human Synergistics, in recognition of our constructive and positive culture.
About the role
Our brilliant accounting team is currently looking for a hands on, detail orientated and pro active Credit Controller, to join our awesome global Finance team, working closely with our Customer Success and Sales Account Managers to actively chase debt before, as and after it falls due. You will have a phone-first methodical mentality and an ability to build lasting relationships with our business customers.
Reporting to the Customer Success Manager, your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Ensure Cash Generation into the business is maximised each month
- Use the company CRM system (Hubspot) to record conversations and to update customer & contact records.
- Chase overdue debts by telephone and email to pro actively reduce aged debtors
- Liaise and work with Account Managers where required, to assist in the collection of debt
- Escalate and resolve all customer queries with the relevant departments, in a timely manner
- Liaise with the Senior Management Team to report on customer account status and draw up a robust debt management process
- Attend Credit Control team meetings to discuss outstanding issues and collection performance
- Maintain strong relationships with external clients and internal colleagues
- Carry out any 'ad hoc' assignments as and when required
At Phocas, it isn't just about having the experience, skills, and qualifications that make someone successful. Culture, Attitude & Ambition play a massive part. Therefore, to be a successful member of our team, you will need to have;
- 2+ years’ experience in credit control role
- Competence in Microsoft Office products, and accounting software programs
- Have experience with Microsoft GP, (or similar financial package is advantageous)
- Proven success in managing aged debt to keep it at a minimum - Resolute and focused!
- Energy with a proactive approach - chasing debt needs tenacity at times!
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Strong decision-making skills and solid problem solving in conditions of uncertainty
- Strong numerical and negotiation skills
- Professional, confident, and diplomatic when liaising with customers
- At all times demonstrate confidentiality and conscientiousness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Resilient & Resourceful
- Ability to complete set tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, deal with tight deadlines and demonstrates flexibility
We expect results at Phocas, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your 5 weeks paid holiday entitlement, workplace pension, you can look forward to:
- Fun / Fulfilling: Awesome culture and meaningful work
- Autonomy: Trusted to follow your passion and make it your own
- Growth: Opportunity to be more – for you and the business
- Wellness: We believe in a real work-life balance and have a strong family-orientated culture
- Remuneration: Competitive salary with the opportunity to share in our success
- Flexibility: Freedom to work when and where you need
- Excellent additional perks: Stunning office (for when you need time away from the home office!) with ample free parking, modern technology, sociable environment, Cash Plan, Group Life Assurance, Group Income Protection, Private Medical Healthcare, Pension.
We are a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To all recruitment agencies: Phocas does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Phocas employees or any other company location. Phocas will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.