Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower organisations and employees to measurably improve their mental health. We do this by providing clinically-backed assessments, tools, training, and signposting that anyone within an organisation can use to proactively improve their mental wellbeing. Our digital platform is beautifully designed, non-stigmatising and globally scalable – helping to create healthier, happier, more human organisations around the world.
Unmind is transforming mental health in the workplace. We have developed a category-leading digital platform, raised over £10m from top-tier investors, and signed over 80+ clients globally – including the likes of John Lewis, British Airways, and Just Eat... but we’re just getting started.
We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
The Role – Credit Controller - Part-time (3 days per week or equivalent)
In 2020 Unmind grew from a small 30 person team to a fast-growing, 100 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney and New York. We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need lots more people to help us achieve them.
That is why we’re now looking for a Credit Controller to join our small but growing finance team based in London. You will own all aspects of our billing and credit control and to help us streamline and constantly improve our efficiency in this area as we scale globally.
As a Credit Controller, you’ll be responsible for ensuring our cashflow from clients is as timely as possible, whilst being responsible for the accuracy and efficiency of our revenue and billing processes, enabling us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
In this role, you’ll get to
- Own all aspects of the accounts receivable function from ensuring all billing is performed in a timely manner, to maintaining regular and positive relationships with our clients. Ultimately driving our cash flow improvement.
- Develop the systems required to guarantee our billing function is as efficient as possible as we scale, working closely with our sales operations team.
- Maintain the accuracy of our revenue by regularly reconciling data between our reporting systems.
- Build effective relationships with our commercial teams to ensure all required billing information is available when required and be pro-active in finding and validating contract changes.
- Work closely with our Management Account to provide up to date and accurate reporting of our accounts receivable ledgers.
We firmly believe that no-one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. So some of the role will be learning as you go, and we hope that’s exactly what you are looking for. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
Here are some of the things that we are looking for
- Immaculate attention to detail.
- Highly personable and able to develop effective working relationships across the business and with our clients.
- Numerate and with a good understanding of SaaS revenue flows.
- Comfortable using any accounting system and willing to constantly look for areas to improve and streamline processes.
- Proficient user of Excel and always willing to learn
- Passion for mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns
- Autonomous attitude (you do not require (or like) micro-management).
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind, we believe in uniting behind uniqueness. We believe our differences are what unites us as humans, and we seek out diverse opinions, beliefs, and experiences because they collectively make us stronger. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
You will be joining a strong, talented team of ~100 people who are deeply passionate about making a positive dent to the landscape of mental health worldwide. We have incredible investors, partners, clients, advocates, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
Our future success(es) will rely on the continuation of that momentum – of which our ability to find, attract, and retain exceptional people (whilst retaining our strong culture and values) will be paramount.
- Great colleagues (personally and professionally)
- Competitive salary
- Personal budgets for L&D and wellbeing initiatives
- Choose your own equipment and setup
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy (inc. adoption)
- Regular company socials and activities
- Optional team walks, runs, tennis, yoga, and mindfulness sessions
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Culture of continuous learning
- Dog-friendly workplace