Job title: Credit Risk Metrics, Vice President
Department: Credit Risk Management
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
The Global Credit Risk Metric team reports directly to Global Credit Risk COO. The team sits between Credit Risk Management (CRM) as the model owners and Risk Methodology, Model Validation and Risk Change and IT functions to provide dedicated support and expertise across all CRM models, measure and methodologies. The team is global and is made up of both direct and virtual reports bringing together many abilities ranging for quantitative skills sets through to trade life cycle and Risk specialists.
The scope of the role is broad and encompasses all aspects Credit Risk Metrics including the firm's internal models and stress testing. The role is seen as pivotal for the Credit Risk Group and requires a self-starting individual to drive forward the teams ambitions, working autonomously or as part of a wider group to deliver.
Regular interaction with Credit Risk analysts, Global Finance and the Front office should be expected as wells as close working relationship with the IT and change teams to help build the strategic vision.
- Provide support for CRM around the use of the models and measures
- Provide insight and support for complex change, in-depth analysis and deal review
- Support portfolio and capital analysis
- Build a best of breed support model for CRM, Finance and the Front Office
- Provide a centralised library of metrics, model and methodology data from the perspective of CRM including but not limit to:
- Ensure the limitation of the models are known and understood
- Provide challenge where needed to ensure the appropriate models and measures are available for Credit Risk - driving the CRM agenda
- Understand and review Risk owned models and process such as Margin Period Of Risk and Replacement Risk.
- Provide thought leadership
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- A strong understanding of the trade lifecycle (front to back)
- Proven quantative background, PhD education or similar is ideal or equivalent experience
- Detailed knowledge of financial products (OTC/SFT a much), collateral and risk management practices - focus is
- Credit Risk
- Understanding at least one regulatory regime and will have ideally had direct regulatory exposure
- Ability work with and communicate at all levels and across groups
- Able to drive consensus and interact on all levels
- Provide detailed analysis and insight whilst tailing updates to the target audience. Deep and detailed vs executive briefing summary.
- Strong problem solving skills using a common sense approach
The successful candidate will be:
- Proactive, naturally curious and keen to learn
- Self-starter happy to work as part of a team or individually
- Detail oriented, well organised and able to work collaboratively as well as on their own
- A clear communicator, both written and verbal, who is able to communicate complex Sto
Strong data analysis skills are preferred with an ability to manipulate large data sets using tools such as:
- Advanced usage of Microsoft Excel
- Capability in C++,Python and/or R
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the UK (who require a Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that this is a genuine vacancy for a qualified role