Job title: Project Manager/Business Analyst - Credit Risk
Department: Risk Management Risk Change
Job Type: Contractor
Location: One Angel Lane
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Nomura employs over 27,000 staff worldwide. Nomura's unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through three business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking).
As part of the Credit Risk Global Book of Work covering Regulatory, Strategic and incremental business change there is a requirement for a delivery focused hybrid project manager/business analyst with credit risk domain knowledge. Candidate would be supporting the Regulatory & Cross-Functional programme manager to deliver across a number of credit risk initiatives.
- Agreeing project scope with senior stakeholders and managing the project scope throughout the project lifecycle.
- Managing all resources that form part of the delivery team for the project, incorporating all resources and their activities into clearly stated defendable plan for the project(s).
- Clearly defining success criteria for each stage of the project and ensuring successful completion of all tasks within the project plan on time and within budget. The overall project will be measured by adherence to delivering against a set of pre-agreed KPIs.
- Understanding and monitoring cross-project dependencies that may impact project delivery.
- Ensuring delivery of projects is in accordance with Nomura's project management governance protocols and standards.
- Effective stakeholder management relating to the project, ensuring through both day to day management, and in governance, that project status clearly articulated and timely in its delivery.
- Timely reporting of project status, issues, risks to various management team and governance forum as appropriate
- Understanding the front to back risk business processes allowing for optimal requirements gathering and synergies between projects.
- Leverage strong foundation of various credit risk concepts to manage delivery of business mandatory credit risk related changes
- Good communication skills and understanding of key Credit risk business processes to support presentation of complex topics to senior management.
- Interprets the regulatory requirements in conjunction with various Credit risk stakeholders to manage scoping of business requirements and delivery.
- Act as business gate keeper, control issues being raised to IT and work with the business to ensure issues are raised appropriately and are fully understood/agreed globally.
- Works with BAs to assists IT teams with an understanding of requirements and functional requirements specification.
- Good team player who would be required to work closely with the global business, IT, BAs, QA and development team throughout project lifecycle.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Equivalent work experience of 7+ years ideally in Credit Risk management as a Business analyst and/or Project manager.
- Knowledge of key risk metrics (e.g. PE, EEPE) and other Credit risk methodologies.
- Experience in CCR IMM implementation would be advantageous
- Excellent presentational, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at a range of levels within the organisation.
- Exposure to various Devop tools (e.g. Confluence, JIRA) to manage project deliverables
- Prior experience in credit risk system implementations and involvement in regulatory projects.
- Exposure to Credit risk systems, data and processes involved in generating credit risk regulatory capital.
- Track record of managing requirements, delivery and testing in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
- Experience in defining Testing approach, test plan and test co-ordination.
- Proven experience facilitating the elicitation of requirements from end users and translating them to user, functional and non-functional requirements for Development Teams. Work with development teams (IT) to clarify that design meets requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point & Visio