We are looking for experienced Data Analyst to join a tier 1 investment bank for the 12 months contract (PAYE) based in Glasgow. Our client is a global market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
This position is with the Tech & Ops (COO) department.
Team has a requirement for a contingent/contract worker to assist their global team based in the Glasgow office. Throughout your contract assignment you will be provided with a supportive and vibrant multinational environment, we accept individual differences and believe in collaborative team working.
The position is with a team responsible for a set of systems used to manage IT inventory and assets data, together with their configuration and operational state. This data is critical for regulatory, operational, and efficiency purposes. Our goals are
- Sourcing IT inventory and machine data (e.g. logs, alerts) in a timely manner
- Storing the data in scalable repositories
- Providing analytics tools to analyze and derive insights from the data
- Providing data access APIs so that other applications can consume the data and insights.As a Data Analyst, you will be working with business users, developers and other data analysts in analyzing and onboarding IT inventory data into the company's official platform.You will be responsible for the collection of information and requirements from customers, as well as for data modeling, data wrangling, data onboarding and data analysis. You will also be responsible for providing data insights to customers and to drive data quality improvements.
- 5-7 years? experience working as a business analyst or similar role
- Experience working directly with data consumers to fulfill their needs
- Strong experience of SQL and relational databases
- Strong data modeling experience
- Knowledge of Unix environments
- Strong networking and collaboration skills, particularly with other teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
Qualifications (nice to have):
- Knowledge of BI/Reporting platforms (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview)
- Experience with Agile/DevOps
- Experience with Python
- Experience with data integration frameworks and concepts
- Knowledge of data center and IT inventory equipment
- Knowledge of data governance & master data management concepts
- Experience navigating large/complex IT environments and infrastructure