Data Analyst / Programmer / Software Engineer
We are currently looking for a Data Analyst with experience of developing software to join our team in Birmingham.
Working on multiple projects across the infrastructure sector you will be responsible for:
• Developing and designing database architecture and data models using MS-Access
• Developing and designing Forms and Reports based on clients’ needs using MS-Access and MS-Excel
• Importing and manipulating data in different formats to a standard set
• Applying Macros and Modules to automate queries and other processes to speed-up the data processing
• Identifying any improvements needed in the existing system
• Delivering all projects accurately and in timely manner
• Sharing best practice including training and developing other team members
You will have at least 1 year of proven experience within a similar role. You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Proficiency in MS-Access / SQL Programming
• Good knowledge of Graphical user interface and how to make a user-friendly system
• Proven experience developing Database driven software using VB.Net or VBA
• Comfortable using Power BI / visualisation tools
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, other related courses or field with significant connection
The following would also be desirable:
• Knowledge of MS-SQL
• Knowledge of R Programming (Data Science)
• Knowledge of regression curves and it’s applications on data
We’re hard to pin down as a business. But while our work spans many disciplines - from consultancy to engineering and architecture to cost management, it’s united under a common vision. We see people where others see projects, and we recognise that when we design environments we impact lives. We’re here to show the magnitude of that opportunity to the world. To bring it to life for our clients and the customers they serve.
A career for the big thinkers:
Our vision needs people who see the bigger picture. Who bring their expertise to life with spark and imagination. And see possibility where others see limits.
Finally - and most importantly - you’ll be offered an environment where you can go anywhere. A highly competitive remuneration package; a pension scheme that matches up to 8%; the best development programmes in the industry; and a working culture where you can finally put your ideas and potential into practice.
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
If that speaks to you, talk to us!