Are you ready to relaunch your career after an extended break? If you have been out of the workforce for an extended period, and are looking to return to work, Amazon welcomes Returners to have a look at our Career Page and apply for our open roles. We are a company of builders who bring varying backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives on inventing for our customers.
This 16-week paid employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1 or more years of underemployment and/or unemployment.
The successful candidate will be able to start the Returnship, with the right to work, in the respective country. Upon successful completion of the Program, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment which will be based in the Amazon office in London. Some flexibility for virtual working is available for the duration of the 16-week Returnship.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
Benefits included in the Program:
- A Paid Internship
- Flexibility –Your manager will work with you to establish the best and most productive use of your time.
- A global environment – An opportunity to work with the world’s leading cloud technology, and talented people from every corner of the globe.
- Great benefits – The perks of being an Amazon employee don't stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. Amazon’s benefits support the needs of our diverse workforce and their family members, no matter what stage they are at in their life or career. See more here.
· Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
· Must be unemployed for 1+ years
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Open to relocate to Location of role
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR)
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
· Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms
Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations