We are pleased to partner with IWSR as they continue to grown and expand their team.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the next stage of business growth in a friendly, informal and fast-growing company. The IWSR is the leading source of data and insights for the global alcohol industry, working with the top global beverage alcohol companies. The role is based out of IWSR's London office.
We are looking for an experienced, articulate and self-motivated expert in understanding and structuring data to join our technology team.
Reporting to the Head of Data, this role would suit a can-do individual who enjoys the challenge of delivering data solutions across a whole range of different data sources and projects. You will work with architects, engineers and BI developers in a newly formed data team and collaborate closely with analysts in our research teams and developers in our technology team.
The business is currently going through a period of high growth and significant investment has been made to re-envision the core products and data platforms. This is an exciting time to join the team and help to shape the data management processes going forward.
We require an experienced data professional who thrives on taking the initiative and putting forward fresh ideas. It is essential that you are a strong mathematician, with a rigorous, committed approach to your work, able to meet short term operational deadlines whilst working towards a framework that supports the longer-term business strategy.
First and foremost, you will help to bring order and deep understanding to our data. You will highlight issues and advise on the quality of input data; you’ll use advanced analytics techniques to align and combine datasets with the goal of ensuring the results show the full picture and recommendations can always be relied upon by our clients for their critical business decisions.
You will have enterprise-wide responsibility for advanced analytical projects globally across the business, in support of our key and emerging products.
You will propose ideas and drive innovation using Business Intelligence and advance analytical techniques to generate incremental business benefit. Work closely with commercial stakeholders to ensure appropriate solutions are fully comprehended and business value is realised.
Helping to develop this function of The IWSR’s data team you will ensure that realistic and achievable timelines, budget and resources are agreed and met for projects undertaken.
Essential skills & experience
You should have:
- Experience using data modelling, data mining and ETL.
- Ability to translate business requirements into data solutions and processes.
- Experience with Master Data Management processes and methodologies.
- Expertise in statistical methods such as regression analysis, cluster analysis, decision trees, data mining and time series etc.
- Excellent knowledge of advanced analytics techniques and how to use these in a commercial setting.
- Experience with complex and inconsistent data sets.
- Demonstratable knowledge of relational databases and querying them (PostgreSQL).
- A maths, statistics or numeric-based qualification to degree level.
- Excellent communication and business-facing skills. You must be able to communicate and articulate complex issues to people who are not fellow data experts.
Of benefit would be:
- Good understanding of NoSQL type databases such as DynamoDB.
- Experience working as a Data Scientist
- Knowledge of data warehouse fundamentals e.g. star schemas and dimensional modelling.
- Data Governance and Quality Management
- Linked Data (or the semantic web)
- Proactive attitude to learning and self-development.
- Previous work experience as a data analyst and some hands-on abilities
- Consumer goods industry experience
- Experience coding with Python