The word ‘freedom’ conjures images of an open road; of snapped chains; of a bird fleeing its cage. It does not bring on thoughts of topping up savings, or buying your car insurance. We want to change that, and we need your help.
Zurich offers a range of savings, life and general insurance products and services, delivered via professional intermediaries, our workplace partners and directly to consumers. These help people protect their families, their possessions and even their businesses – but they ultimately help people achieve their ambitions.
People have incredible choice as to what they spend their money on, and too few are choosing to spend it on their financial needs. We’re losing that particular battle to Jaguar Land Rover, John Lewis and Apple. We want to show the world that seizing control of your finances can leave you feeling as happy as splashing out on the latest iPad.
Zurich is ready to face this battle head-on. Our new customer-first approach is being championed from the very top of our organisation.
We want to be the most forward-thinking, digital-hungry marketing team in financial services. Come with us.
The right person for this role will have a demonstrated track record of shaping and enhancing marketing analytics capability through the identification of more effective ways to harness value from data. You will take a lead on ensuring that the business is able to unleash and exploit the latent potential of customer data to improve customer and intermediary outcomes, inform decision making and optimise business performance. We feel that the best employees - and the ones we want to work with - are self-starters who work well with others, engender enthusiasm every day and bring fresh thinking to our ambitious growth plans.
You are passionate about and skilled at…
- Putting the consumer at the heart of the business by delivering actionable data insight that impacts business decision making
- Being a Marketing subject matter expert on the Zurich data landscape – understanding the different sources of data that exist across the business as well as how and where they come together
- Defining and implementing frameworks, processes and systems to optimise the effectiveness and efficiencies of the data environment in which the enriched customer data is stored, accessed and analysed
- Identifying external data sources to enrich Zurich customer data sets
- Using databases and statistical software to manage, analyse and organise information
- Analysing and interpreting data to identify patterns and implications
- Delivering clear and challenging observations in terms of customer, broker and market trends, opportunities and risks
- Preparing detailed analysis with clear high level take-outs and present to senior marketing stakeholders and/or key business stakeholders
- Providing regular standard data driven market intelligence information to the market insight team regarding the external business & individual landscape
- Selecting and managing 3rd party vendors as required
- Providing leadership and guidance to the operations function on marketing data requirements
- Where appropriate, liaising with UK, European or Global colleagues to share best practice
- A desire to explore new and innovative approaches that provide appropriate answers to our business questions.
Your skills and experience:
- Be familiar and confident using a broad range of data approaches to unearth consumer insights
- Have a degree or higher qualifications in Marketing or a related field and 6-10 years of experience
- Be efficient and effective in the delivery of data driven insights for businesses which leads to improved operational performance and customer outcomes
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible and co-operative approach towards changing business needs
- Provide evidence of collaboration with marketing/business colleagues
- Be able to cope with change in a fast moving environment with varying workloads and pressures
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong commercial acumen
- Collaboration and facilitation skills – ability to bring the right people together
- Ability to support culture change.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Access and Excel – Essential
- Knowledge of SQL and R - Desirable
A collaborator, a big thinker, a problem solver, resilient, proactive and delivery focused.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
The salary offered for this role is between £37,000 - £55,000 depending on experience. As well as this we offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- 12% pension
- Company car/car allowance
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Annual company bonuses
- Full private medical cover
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Discounted gym membership,
- Free flu jab
- Discounted gadget insurance
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Zurich is a workplace that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, sex, race, religion or belief, disability, marriage/civil partnership, gender identity, pregnancy/maternity status and sexual orientation. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.