About the GCDO Data Operations Management Team
Global Chief Data Office is a new global function in PWC recognizing the data driven nature of the organization and enablement of new digital practices.
The Data Operations function within the GCDO is responsible for global data governance managing master data and global data services.
The Data Operations Finance lead is specifically managing the monthly data services for gathering of territory finance data providing assurance & data quality of data consumed by its immediate customers in the Network
- Reporting & analytics
- Finance operations
- Client Interface
The data is used by reporting to PWC Board and drive insights and business services to support the priorities of the PwC Network.
Other customers include Finance, Human Capital, Risk & Quality, Business Development, Strategy, Territory, Industry and Network leadership through to individual client partners and account teams.
Reporting to the Data Operations Lead, the role holder will lead the Data Operations Finance team and be responsible for managing the operational activities across the team. A key role in the Data Operations Leadership team, the role holder will also lead specific projects which form part of the wider GCDO transformation.
We are looking for someone with a passion for data and data management who has strong leadership skills, a proven track record in managing a diverse team, and who would be comfortable in leading a team through a period of transformation and change.
- Oversee the monthly data cycle processes for each of the three data domains (revenue, operating statement & costs) is responsible for ensuring that agreed SLA’s are met.
- Reviewing and analysing key exception reporting, issues resolution and implementation of solutions to ensure the he quality of data maintained in the data repositories.
- Ensure ISO27001 compliance for Client and Engagement data.
- Collaborating with virtual teams - working closely with PwC IT, external data providers and local territory systems to ensure smooth process and effective performance of the Finance Data applications and satellite systems.
- Where applicable take ownership of specific data issues and work with the Data Operations Finance team, Network Operations stakeholders and IT.
- Ensure satisfactory resolution of issues as and when they arise.
- There is a need for a high level off accuracy and a good attention to detail and to be able to analyse and interpret complex data, identify opportunities for improving efficiency of current processes and develop new ones.
- Develop and maintain operating procedures for the Data Operations Finance team.
- Support the onboarding of new services and developments into the Finance Data Operations
- Strong experience of leading and managing operational teams, ideally in a data environment.
- Experience of managing offshore operational teams
- Organised, structured and analytical approach to problem solving
- Proactive mindset in dealing with challenges in a customer – driven system/environment
- Financial reporting knowledge e.g. Operating statements, Chart of Accounts
- Change-oriented and self-driven proactive behaviour
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to meet a range of tasks and demands
- Good written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships
- Some data analysis skills including the ability to manipulate, interpret, visualise and present large datasets and analysis
- Be able to demonstrate skills at an intermediate level for Microsoft Excel.
- A basic understanding of SQL e.g. writing simple queries.
- Some knowledge of a BI app such as Microstrategy/Qlik or Power BI, SSRS would be desirable but not essential.
- Able to work flexibly (out of hours support) and to tight operational deadlines
- High level of commitment, energy and enthusiasm