A job with Merlin isn’t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don’t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be.
We’re a place that makes magic. Magic that gives millions of people fun, thrills and memorable experiences. We’re the thinkers, dreamers, doers and achievers whose job it is to create and deliver world-class new attractions, hotels and major investment projects, as well as manage the extensive real estate assets of one of the most exciting companies in the world.
We are currently recruiting for a Data Privacy Analyst to join our Digital Security Team. This role is a permanent opportunity which can be based at one of our London / Surrey locations.
Reporting into the Information Security Manager, you will administer and drive improvement into Merlin’s Data Privacy Operations Globally. You will also manage Merlin’s day to day Data Privacy compliance activities, (including compliance with individual rights and investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches) in accordance with Merlin’s Data Protection Policy and framework.
Working with the Information Security Manager, you will help develop and maintain policies and procedures, respond to customers and regulator complaints, help to resolve incidents, escalating to leadership when appropriate and report on privacy activity and compliance on a regular basis.
Primary responsibilities include…
- Provide responses to customers and assists in preparing responses to Regulator complaints.
- Carry out Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Work with the Data Protection Team to manage breach determination and notification processes in accordance with GDPR and other applicable privacy regulations.
- Develop and continuously manage and update Merlin’s data mapping requirements.
- Work with Sales & Marketing to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations for marketing, advertising, profiling and publicity.
- Work to ensure data protection compliance on our websites.
- Monitor regional regulatory changes that impact Merlin’s business activities including with US federal and state laws, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Assist the business with responses to customer compliance-specific questions and concerns.
- Continuously improve and maintain policies, procedures and standards to increase efficiency of team efforts
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across the globe including Legal, Risk and Audit, Application Security and Product Development on privacy-related inquiries.
We are looking for the following skills and experience…
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E/US).
- Experience working within one or more privacy regulation.
- Experience working with Privacy Tools such as OneTrust.
- Experience in conducting legitimate interest tests and data protection impact assessments.
- Experience monitoring and reporting on compliance.
- Excellent English language skills (Business English written and spoken).
- Experience explaining privacy regulation in a non-technical way.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and help drive organisational change.
- Experience in reviewing technical documents and legal or regulatory reference materials.
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, a team player, who can be relied upon to get things done. A passionate cyber security professional with the ability to build relationships, the willingness to support and help others, and a desire to make a difference, however big or small the challenge.
We’re growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects – ideal if you’re already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits include Pension, Life Assurance, discretionary company bonus, 25 days’ holiday and, of course, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.