MS Amlin's vision is to be the global reference point for quality in our markets and data is acknowledged as a key enabler to fulfil that vision. Data Quality is one of the foundational data management capabilities and this role is for an experienced Data Quality Analyst who will help execute on the data strategy and deliver the Data Quality capability.
The AUL Data Quality Manager will lead the development and management of overall data quality in support of the AUL data strategy, ensuring AUL data capability delivers accurate and fit for purpose data that is executed with appropriate governance.
Specifically the role will lead data quality assessments and expansion of existing data quality and data lineage capabilities across AUL. In addition analyising and documenting dataflows, recording transformation and maintaining data lineage documentation.
- Leading data quality assessment of AUL data sources and data outputs e.g. reports and data lineage activities
- Ensuring the delivery to the business of accurate, fit for purpose data by working with data owners and stewards to identify issues and manage them to ensure they are appropriately categorised and prioritised
- Manage data quality resolution projects and work with data owners and stewards to understand effective remedial activity required to resolve issues, developing and maintaining solution plans to coordinate delivery
- Making update to the data quality issues log and dashboards to provide regular reporting
- Manage the drafting and updating of data lineage documentation
- Author, monitor and manage data risks and controls in Xactium and work closely with Risk Assurance on the annual attestation process
- Implement remediation measures and controls including automation and/or reconciliation reports to improve data quality
- Monitor the process to identify and monitor Data Quality / Exceptions identified in CDS, and:
- Work closely with Data Owners and Stewards to coordinate data quality exceptions, corrections to source data and escalate to the Data Operations Lead where required
- Work closely with IT Operations to address technical data issues and initiate data loads to correct data issues in CDS
- Work closely with the ABS Data team and data owners to capture data quality issues impacting existing and new report delivery and to define solution plans
- Responsible for establishing data governance principles that address accountability, transparency, data protection, and compliance.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to promote data quality standards, assess current state and define and facilitate an improvement plan to desired state.
- Ensuring data is quality managed in accordance with the Data Governance Framework, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), relevant policies, standards and controls.
- Contributing to data quality and data management policy and practice improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring we have a thorough understanding of the data we hold and the legal framework in which we processing it. Assisting colleagues to agree how data is processed with third party organisations including discussions with Data Protection and Legal colleagues to make sure any processing of data is proportionate and legal.
- In the event that a data breach or unauthorized release of data occurs, support colleagues in the data protection and information security teams to investigate the issue and identify lessons learned to help improve working practices and implement preventative maintenance and mitigation measures to minimise the likelihood of similar incidents happening in the future.
Key skills / experience
- Experience data quality practices including:
- Data quality analysis and requirements definition
- Issues management and remediation
- Data quality performance reporting / dashboards
- Data risk and controls
- Experience authoring, maintaining and executing data quality rules and reporting performance
- Experience documenting data lineage and producing diagrams and documents
- Knowledge of data quality tooling, workflow and business intelligence tooling
- Appreciation of broader data management capabilities and strategic alignment with business goals
- Experience delivering successful outcomes in project delivery and/or BAU environment
- Experience of the insurance (or equivalent) industry