Workfinder is an award-winning talent platform built to create a pipeline of talent to drive the growth of the world’s most ambitious companies and inspire the next generation at the same time. Our vision is to be the leading global talent platform where businesses drive their growth by accessing young talent while they are still in formal education.
Pre-career work placements are a huge opportunity to form a deeper recruitment pipeline for employers With 207 million students and 43 million registered businesses around the world, we have an experienced team, significant IP and a platform ready to address this market.
We are growing at pace with high-profile partnerships, within an ecosystem of students, educators, business and government and are building a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work which has a real impact.
Engineering at Workfinder
Data Science plays a vital role at Workfinder, building the recommendation systems that deliver our mission.
We’re on the hunt for a part time data scientist who will join the Product team. You’ll be working on the recommendations that will power the talent solutions of the world’s fastest growing companies and that will be game changing to the lives of millions of people around the world and you’ll have great autonomy to shape the direction of this.
We are a small team and draw heavily on experts from around the world -- and so you will work closely with all of us to execute the strategy of the company. You will help us build predictive models that substantially increase the value that we can deliver to our customers, using our growing volume of system data and external feeds.
We believe in using the best technologies for everything we do and our engineering team primarily uses
- 3-5 years of experience in a data scientist or modeller role, ideally from a company with cutting edge technology
- You love digging into data and uncovering actionable insights
- You are incredibly mathematical skills with a passion for analytics
- You have a strong knowledge of machine learning methods
- You are a strong communicator and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You can work as part of an interdisciplinary team, finding and exploiting opportunities where behavioural insights can impact our business objectives.
- A degree in mathematics or data science or similar discipline
Life at Workfinder
There is plenty of opportunity for progression within the company and a genuine chance to play an integral role in the future success of Workfinder. Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds.
We have a range of employee benefits including
- Competitive salary package
- Performance bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- A highly driven and dynamic organisation with a clear purpose driven mission
- Close support in your professional development enabling you to succeed