Gymshark HQ is based in Solihull, however this role can be both flexible & remote. There will be an expectation (post-Covid, government guidelines dependant) for the successful candidate to also be flexible and be open to coming into the HQ once/twice a week.
We are well on our way to building a high performing data led culture at Gymshark. Data is at the heart of the decisions that are made, and as a Data Steward within our Data team you will play a key part in this exciting journey. The Data team underpins the decision process by providing the data, analysis and research to drive and validate our business strategies.
You will be working closely with colleagues across the business to ensure that the information we use aligns to the purposes in which we’ve specified. You’ll also help to ensure that Data is being processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner, as well as processing customer data requests. You will help to drive data quality and ensure the data that we use is accurate and trusted.
Being an advocate for the importance of compliant data will be key to ensuring robust principles. You will be championing Gymshark data transparency and be the voice of our customers for data, assisting to safeguard Gymsharks global data reputation.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Assist with assuring quality and trust in our data by creating data related KPIs that support business priorities
- Support the Data and Customer Insight teams by having a quality/compliance lens on our data within systems
- Define our data through definitions to improve consistency of usage and data analysis
- Ensuring that the data we’re using is being used consistently across the business, and that it is fit for purpose, promoting a data minimisation approach where appropriate
- Work with the Data and IT teams to ensure that data quality issues are identified/flagged, with the documentation created and/or updated post review/resolution to mitigate risk
- Fulfil customer deletion and/or subject access requests
- Support the Customer Insight team with general data related tasks
- Maintenance of data documentation that can be used across the business
What You'll Need:
- You are passionate about data and have an excellent eye for detail
- You are interrogative and technically minded as well as able to follow processes and instructions
- An understanding of GDPR or some relevant working experience in data governance and/or compliance
- Proactive mentality – ability to apply policy, but also pre-empt the next steps, challenges or risks. Ideally highly numerate and commercially aware.
- Well organised and can balance priorities to manage stakeholder expectations
- Ability to identify opportunities for improved data quality and management
- You need to have an analytic mind and a logical approach to solve any data problems presented
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members to deliver immediate tasks
- Experience of working with data quality metrics and/or dashboards (e.g. Tableau, Power BI or equivalent) or within an analytical, mathematical, programming or equivalent role (using tools such as SQL, Alteryx and Google).
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and programmes
- Awareness of the benefits that data can bring, and play your part in a growing data culture