About the team
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
Our Deals practice supports clients through mergers, acquisitions and responses to financial distress. The Deals Tech team is a centre of excellence for embedding and enabling technology across our Deals practice.
We help our Deals business go to market with compelling data analysis, automation, and application development technologies. We are currently looking for a bright, enthusiastic, and hungry business analyst to help identify key problems and articulate best-fit solutions to help expand the reach of the team.
You can expect a challenging and rewarding career that will provide you with opportunities to work with our client engagement teams along with other parts of the business. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn new technologies, further develop your skills and advance your career with the market leading employer.
Business Analyst Role
- Articulating the “art of the possible” in particular in the areas of automation, digitisation, app dev, and data analysis and visualisation
- Performing cost benefit analysis to articulate the potential case of change
- Identify and articulate process and technology problems facing our Deals business and be able to conceive of and design high-level solutions
- Quickly understanding a challenge, taking copious notes, and distilling sensible requirements that are clear, concise, and to a level of detail which allows developers to implement changes or new features iteratively and accurately
- Working with the development team to walkthrough requirements and acceptance criteria and ensure teams are alignedHelping teams use an assumption based approach to testing hypotheses and refining scope
- Communicating and coordinating across with senior leaders and technology risk functions and liaising with other parts of the business to identify and resolve issues and dependencies
- Maintaining an awareness of technologies applicable to our business and how best to potentially apply them including but not limited to D&A, low-code platforms, chatbots, NLP, and RPA
- Understanding of business analysis frameworks, value cycles, business processes management, business requirements and UAT methodologies;
- Success within small to medium project environments, where a high degree of personal autonomy, access to a wide variety of skills and techniques, flexibility, self-management, collaboration and influencing skills are applicable factors in the project’s success;
- Experience using software collaboration tools/concepts such as Jira, Cucumber/Gherkin, DevOps to help work closely with delivery teams
- Understanding technology concepts and when they apply;
- Understanding of financial accounting;
- Proven ability to integrate into a team and build relationships with key stakeholders;
- Knowledge of Agile and non-Agile project delivery environments, and the skills, techniques and ways of working associated with both, solely and in combination; and
- Experience working in a professional services firm.