Are you a manager or team leader working in Cloud, DevOps or Cloud Security who is looking to work with diverse cutting-edge technologies, industry vendors at the top of their game and across different internal teams?
Do you have a proven track record in providing team leadership in the development, building and running of complex cloud and/or cloud security technology solutions?
Do you relish working across multiple feature teams and immersing yourself in a team that will stretch and test you?
What you’ll be doing
- Line managing a team of security engineers, which will include permanent staff, 3rd party/partner resources and/or contractors
- Developing the capability of cloud security engineering, by coaching and mentoring and managing training
- Leading on recruitment of cloud security engineers and pipeline talent development
- Leading on security engineering improvement initiatives, to develop best practice methods and continuous improvement
- Capturing and sharing knowledge and ensuring use of documentation within our security engineering teams
- Contributing towards driving decisions and helping remove blockers to drive forward implementation of security artefacts
- Acting as a point of escalation, working with and influencing senior stakeholders to remove barriers
- Build a network including external relationships with other managers, engineers / SMEs to understand best practice and emerging trends within engineering
- Act as a security advocate across Nationwide, identifying good practices to adopt and sharing experiences, e.g. through blog posts, knowledge share, etc.
For us, it’s not just about having the right background, you need to have an open mind, be able to work collaboratively and be driven to learn and succeed.
You will manage our Cloud Security Operations team, which develops, builds and runs the shared security services that our internal customers consume. You will provide line management for a team of security engineers, and share accountability for the continued improvement of the teams methods and capabilities.
As a minimum you will:
- Have strong demonstratable leadership and organisational skills
- Have experience of working in a complex business environment
- Have proven experience of motivating and challenging people to achieve their potential and fulfil their development goals (technical and non-technical)
- Have relevant cloud technical experience and the ability to inspire and coach technical teams
- Have knowledge of Cloud Security technologies and working with agile methodologies
- Be adept at building excellent working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism
- Have the rigour, ability and desire to continue your professional development and stay abreast of new technologies and methodologies
Experience and knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Regulatory and scheme requirements such as PCI DSS and GDPR
- Working with 3rd parties / suppliers
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.