Rentokil Initial is an international business services company employing over 35,000 colleagues across 70 countries. We strive to protect people and enhance lives, for example by controlling pests, improving hygiene and improving interior spaces with plants and scenting. We are experts in the fields we operate in, investing in training, science, innovation and technology.
Listening and acting on feedback is part of our culture to support colleagues and our customers. Rentokil Initial regards equality and fairness as a fundamental right of all of its colleagues. We live our values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork which were identified by our colleagues across the world.
We want our workforce to reflect the diverse nature of the business environment and markets in which we operate and the customers that we serve. As a company, we strongly believe that a more diverse and inclusive workforce will boost our financial performance, enhance our reputation, support innovation and increase colleague engagement.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Digital Account Manager will be the first point of contact between the Digital Marketing Team and the local Marketing Teams.
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure alignment between the M&I Digital Marketing and Search Strategies and local digital initiatives. The key deliverable of the role is to share digital best practice and build local market ‘buy-in’ to the agreed M&I Digital Marketing and Search Strategies.
The Digital Account Manager will agree with local Marketing Teams their digital priorities and work with colleagues to ensure the timely delivery of these priorities. In support of the Digital Project Management and Deployment Team, the Digital Account Manager will liaise with local Marketing Teams around the roll-out of new websites and the day to day management of their websites.
As part of the role, the Digital Account Manager will share internal and external best practice with local marketing teams and feedback any relevant digital insight from local Marketing Teams.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
Stakeholders & Resources
People: No direct reports.
Financial: No budget accountability.
Internal: Liaise with local Digital Marketing Managers and where required Regional Marketing Directors, Digital CRO and V4 Product and Deployment Manager, Head of Search Marketing and the Senior Marketing Manager - Customer Experience.
The Digital Account Manager will have the following high level accountabilities:
- First point of contact with the local ‘in-country’ Marketing Teams to include account management and sharing of digital best practice.
- Facilitates alignment between the M&I Digital Marketing and Search Strategies and the local digital marketing initiatives.
- Ensures the timely delivery of agreed local market digital priorities.
The key elements of the role are detailed below:
- Lead regular on-going account management calls with the Digital Marketing Managers in key countries.
- Ensure that local Digital Marketing Managers have a good understanding of M&I led digital marketing projects and the potential business benefit within local businesses.
- As much as possible, facilitates alignment and ‘buy-in’ between the M&I Digital Marketing and Search Strategies and local digital marketing plans.
- Support the Digital CRO and V4 Product Manager in agreeing the roll-out plan for new digital platforms, for example V4, new website functionality, CRO roll-out plans and the delivery of digital content campaigns.
- Where appropriate, agree with the Digital CRO and V4 Product Manager and the M&I Finance teams, cross charges for major upgrades to the digital platform for example the roll-out of the V4 ‘mobile first’ navigation.
- Where required, support the Senior Digital Marketing Manager - Customer Experience in agreeing local CRO tests and communicating the results of the local testing.
- Support the Senior Digital Marketing Manager - Customer Experience in the roll-out of the local CRO testing framework and approach.
- Working with the local markets, agree and prioritise the digital activities to be delivered by the M&I Digital Marketing Team; work with the Digital Marketing Team to ensure that we have the necessary resource to deliver to the agreed timelines.
- Proactively review all trackers, for example the V3 Tracker, and any relevant data or customer insights with the local Marketing Teams.
- Lead quarterly regional reviews to ensure a common understanding of digital priorities and share best practice across regional markets.
- Create and actively managed a Digital Marketing Community to share both external and local market digital best practice; this is to include publishing internal and external digital best practice, changes in the Google Search Algorithm, CX and data insights.
- Where required, support the myRentokil deployment team in agreeing global roll-out plans.
- If required, support and contribute to the on-going V4 User Group meetings.
- Where required, organise, lead and co-ordinate regional and local digital marketing workshops to support the local business in the delivery of their digital priorities and key projects.
Do you have what it takes?
If you want to be considered for this role you will need:
- Essential to be able to work within a team but also on own initiative.
- Self-disciplined, motivated and committed to delivering work to agreed deadlines.
- Excellent communicator with strong listening skills and the ability to influence and persuade key business stakeholders.
- Experience in translating technical and complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Collaborative team player with a commitment to supporting and delivering across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Highly organised and structured in communicating and managing the expectations of multiple stakeholder groups.
- A demonstrated ability to work and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders across all levels in the organisation.
- Has a strong customer and end user focused approach and is prepared to go over and above what is required to meet the expectations of customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver a high quality product within a tight timeframe.
- Self-starter with the ability to self-manage.
- Positive approach and resilient in the face of obstacles and competing requirements.
- Appetite for continuous learning and development and develops self and others.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong time-management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a highly matrixed European or Global organistion.
- Ideally, some experience in working in a technical or IT business.
- Previous experience in project and product management would be of benefit.
- Some understanding of paid search, SEO, UX and customer experience.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages especially PowerPoint.
- Degree qualified is preferred.
Are you interested? Here's what you can expect when you join us…
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Healthcare (Self)
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Rentokil Initial Reward Scheme
- Free Parking
- Competitive Salary
- 23 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
Rentokil Initial regards equality and fairness as a fundamental right of all of its colleagues. Every colleague is required to support the company to meet its dedication to provide equal opportunities in employment and avoid unlawful discrimination. Rentokil Initial considers that all colleagues have a duty not to discriminate against any of their colleagues on any unlawful grounds.Are you interested? Here's what you can expect when you join us.