Job title: Senior .NET Developer
Department: Corporate Technology Services
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Nomura employs over 27,000 staff worldwide. Nomura's unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through three business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking).
Reporting into the Phoenix UK development team lead in London, the role covers primarily CTB but also RTB aspects of application development. The key deliverable of the role will be to deliver on business driven application change requirements. The position will also work with the global and local CTS Production Services teams and the third level application support analysts to better serve our global user base. The successful candidate will join the team responsible for the Phoenix platform which provides cash management and post trade confirmation processing for Middle and Back Office Operations.
- Design, delivery and implementation of application changes for business defined CTB change projects.
- Working closely with the Phoenix Business Analysts/Project Managers based in London, New York and Mumbai to understand and feedback on project requirements and deliverables.
- Provide user and technical support for production and non-production environments during London business hours.
- Strong ongoing communication with the global development team to coordinate deliverables and target the appropriate application release cycles.
- Establish strong working relationships with the support analysts and Production Services team as well as Infrastructure and other functional groups.
- Create technical specification documentation for application changes.
- Contribute to the team Confluence wiki for support documentation.
- Support the application QA team and users during the system and user acceptance testing phases.
- Deal with support escalations from the support analyst team, including complex user support queries.
- Perform impact analysis of reported issues and identify root causes and resolve the issue by going through the business and systems workflow, identify system fixes that can help prevent reoccurrence of the issue and improve performance.
· Ensure high quality change documentation consistent with global standards is generated to facilitate the
application release process.
- Recommend continual improvements in development standards and processes.
- Create, update / amend relevant production support documentation for use by the Production Services team.
- Mentor and train junior team members.
- Provide weekend support and release related deliverables in partnership with global leads.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to complete all phases of software development life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing and support.
- Ability to operate at the highest standards of quality and accuracy within required timeframes. Ensure decisions are made and outcomes delivered.
- Ability to develop large scale web/database applications in Microsoft ASP.NET 4.8.
- Strong, proven expertese in development with C# .NET Framework 4.8.
- C# Windows service application development experience.
- Database design and development expertese in Microsoft SQL Server 2014 - 2019.
- Experience of using source code control systems ideally Git.
- Ability to work proactively to implement and deliver on small to medium sized projects.
- Experience of working in global teams with global user base is essential.
- Experience of functional/technical support in an Investment Banking environment.
Preferable Experience (non-essential)
- Database performance and tuning experience.
- Experience of Investment Banking.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both verbal and written) including ability to provide clear and concise status to senior management / summarise key messages.
- Maintaining and supporting multiple projects and deadlines.
- A comprehensive understanding of Audit, Op Risk & Governance, SOX & Finance Controls.
- Ability to prioritise and sense of urgency when handling production issues impacting the business functions.
- Ability to effectively organise and prioritise workload.
- Problem solving mindset and solution-enabler - Ability to identify problems, make decisions and drive solutions.
- Pragmatic, able to adapt to various situations and applications, ready to work under pressure.
- Willingness to accurately document and share information with global peer group.