As a member of our Strategic Environmental Consulting (SEC) team the key area of focus will be assisting clients manage EH&S business risks to scope/budget/schedule and ensuring high quality standards on project deliverables. This role can be based from our Croydon or Cambridge offices.
Within SEC we pride ourselves on our ability to provide Clients with Strategic Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Business Advice, which helps our Clients not only to manage risk, but to drive excellence in their EHS performance.
As such we seek individuals who combine: strong quantitative and analytical skills; deep technical knowledge; a sharp commercial focus; and, who are passionate about their work to advise our Clients on strategic business decisions. Our mission is to improve quality of life around the world, by creating places of distinction and providing sustainable solutions that enhance the built and natural environment. Our core values are:
- Integrity – We perform business in an honest, responsible way, working to the highest professional standards.
- Client Focus – We are entrepreneurial and agile, passionate about creating value for our Clients and achieving high performance.
- Collaboration – We believe in diversity, the power of teamwork and that by working as one we can deliver exceptional outcomes.
- Sustainability – We own the responsibility to sustain our world and society in a balanced way, central to health, safety and wellbeing of our people and all stakeholders, central to all we do.
Specific skills/experience required
- This role is client facing, identifying and developing new clients as well as leveraging existing client relationships to support the diversification and expansion of our environmental and occupational health and safety (EH&S) compliance services as well as leading and supporting their delivery.
- Commercially managing projects and interacting with project and financial management systems such as Oracle. Projects will be across a range of sectors including government, construction, automotive, aviation, financial services, chemicals, upstream oil and gas, manufacturing, pharmaceutical and solid waste management.
- Input will range from technical lead with major project input to ad hoc specialist support from identification of the sales opportunity, bid preparation and submission and following award through to execution and delivery.
- Projects will largely be based and/or managed in the UK, but occasional short-term international/European travel may be required, occasionally at short notice on a project by project basis.
Specific qualifications required
- Minimum of 6 years specialising in EH&S subject areas, preferably within an environmental consultancy.
- Chartered Health & Safety professional or are certified in H&S by an accredited Institution, (IOSH)
- Lead in all aspects of project design, costing, timely delivery, consistently producing high-quality work to our clients. You should also be able to inspire your project team to excel in all aspects of their work and to enjoy being part of your team
- Lead in commercial management of projects ensuring overall project performance meets or exceeds both the clients and Arcadis expectations. You should also be able to competence in managing financial performance on a financial management system such as Oracle.
- You should be a natural collaborator with an affinity for developing positive relationships with clients and key contacts within the Arcadis business to support continued work and generate new opportunities for the team.
- You will need to be flexible in attitude, willing to go that extra mile and able to travel nationally and occasionally internationally to deliver quality work to our clients. You may also be required to provide support to your colleagues in the wider SEC business (transactional services) on EH&S focussed projects.
- You should also be confident in undertaking report technical reviews and confident in ensuring project delivery is compliant with our business governance and quality systems.
Personal characteristics and attitude
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to actively identify and pursue innovative and sustainable solutions to problems.
- Commitment to building relationships with clients & colleagues, networking via industry events and seminars, and actively engaging in profile raising through e.g. internal/ external presentations or speaking at events.
- The ability to add value to a client relationship and develop client accounts
- Strong commercial skills including the ability to understand a client’s key risks and drivers, and the commercial context in which Clients and Arcadis operate.
- Commitment to actively nurtures talent in others by helping people build their networks, and coach and mentor others and share knowledge