Arcadis are now looking for a natural leader to head up and grow the EHS practice in the UK. The current team has a strong pipeline in EHS compliance and audit for industrial and public-sector Clients and property due diligence for clients in the financial institution sector. This role can be based from any of our main office locations in the UK.
The main purpose of this role will be to grow and diversify the pipeline and backlog in EHS Consulting. There is also an opportunity to work with the UK team to leverage US capability in EHS enterprise business solutions to bring value to UK clients and into the UK market. You will have strong technical capability combined with a natural flair for developing trust in client relationships.
Specific skills/experience required
Growing Pipeline and Work Winning:
- Work collaboratively and through own contacts to develop a pipeline of work in EHS / EDD / ESG and translate pipeline to win.
- Sales, including opportunity identification, solution design, proposal development and costing, compliance with business governance, issue of proposals and client follow up, transition of sales into delivery phase.
- Networking and client liaison including ownership of internal and external client relationship development, specifically in the areas of industry and infrastructure.
- Works collaboratively and develops relationships with key contacts within the business to bring EHS services to existing clients.
- External focus on identified clients/sectors
- Seek out and understand capability within the business and develop and implement plans for capability development to support the growth in EHS
- Recognising where innovation will support the growth. Develop strategy to differentiate in the market
- Support recruitment to deliver growth plans.
- Exceeding client expectations in Service Delivery
- Providing leadership and direction to the delivery team working with Project and Task Managers to ensure timely delivery, consistency and quality of the outputs.
- Ensuring projects are profitable and meet or exceed financial targets at bid stage and, where involved in delivery, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Undertaking report authorisation reviews in compliance with the business quality systems.
Specific qualifications required
- Science, Engineering or other relevant degree
- Proven experience within environmental consultancy with expertise in EHS / ESG in industrial / infrastructure sectors, working on complex assets. Focus may be permitting/ compliance/ industrial processes
- Proven track record in developing Client relationships and work winning
- A network of client and associate contacts which can be drawn on to develop and deliver client solutions
- Ability to define a compelling vision for the growth in this service area
- Teamwork, collaboration, good written skills, presentation and communication skills in English as the main business language.
- Organisational skills
- Knowledge of commercial risk management tools
- Valid driving licence for UK
- Passport for travel outside the UK
Personal characteristics and attitude
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to actively identify and pursue innovative and sustainable solutions to problems.
- Commitment to building relationships with clients & colleagues, networking via industry events and seminars, and actively engaging in profile raising through e.g. internal/ external presentations or speaking at events.
- The ability to add value to a client relationship and develop client accounts
- Strong commercial skills including the ability to understand a client’s key risks and drivers, and the commercial context in which Clients and Arcadis operate.
- Commitment to actively nurtures talent in others by helping people build their networks, and coach and mentor others and share knowledge