Job title: EMEA Cost Analytics & MI
Corporate Title: Associate
Department: Cost Management and Analytics
Location: Angel lane, London
The role is within the Cost Management & Analytics team, who are responsible for global and regional MIS, as well as robust cost control and analysis for the region. This role involves detailed analysis and reporting of revenues, expenses, headcount and resource usage to senior management in all areas of the firm.
Typical tasks may include, but will not be restricted to, month-end accounting services, including P&L reporting and Balance Sheet control, producing in-depth decision oriented MI, business partnering for the budget and rolling forecast process, detailed understanding of monthly expenses, partnering and supporting business managers and corporate CAOs and working with teams across the firm, both onshore and offshore to ensure commentary is meaningful and accurate, creating visibility into expense drivers.
The delivery of accurate, timely and high quality reporting, analysis and insight is crucial in the expense environment to allow both the Senior Finance Management and the Business to manage and control their regional expense base.
The role will require supporting a high proportion of ad hoc project and analysis/scenario based work. As part of the role, you may be expected to liaise with various stakeholders and members of MIS teams both here in London and internationally.
Key objectives critical to success:
Primary Responsibilities & Key Objectives:
Revenue / Client Revenue Reporting
- To provide key month end accounting services, including control and reporting, on direct and allocated expense base for the European Region.
- Key role in ensuring the firm's financial books and records are closed on time each month and reflect the firm's position accrately.
- Liaise with Product Control and offshore MIS teams to ensure that commentary is accurate and meaningful.
- Production of ad-hoc reports and analysis for senior management
- Continuous engagement with the business on performance
Budgeting / Forecasting
- The MIS team are central to both these processes, providing both information and analysis to the Front Office.
- Finance are the 'gatekeepers' and are globally responsible for the accurate submission of these numbers.
- Involvement in the rolling forecast process, Mid Year Forecast process and annual budgeting exercises including helping to co-ordinate the regional process, working closely with business managers and providing analysis of information at different stages.
Month End Control & Reporting
- The MIS team are responsible for the month end revenue tracking
- Managing and co-ordinating the Front Office allocations process including periodic review
- Interrogating numbers (Revenue, Costs, Resources and Headcount) with a view to proactively advising the business on monthly performance verus budgets and prior periods.
- Working with Business Managers and Corporate CAOs to improve the understanding of key cost drivers and the corporate cost base attributed.
- Looking at ways to develop and enhance reporting to better meet the needs of changing business demand
- Continual review of processes and procedures with a view to streamlining or improving efficency to leave more time for value added analysis.
- Playing a key role in the review, approval and maintenance of the EMEA GM structure, assessing the impact of changes on reporting and understanding the broader requirements and impacts on stakeholders.
- With this role there are numerous ad hoc tasks which can range from a quick request for numbers to month long scenario analysis projects.
- Improving the operating model through the use of technologies
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Accounting or Finance based degree or professional qualification
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills to actively interrogate and present data in a meaningfull format
- Have some MIS systems and process experience and understanding of the nature and importance of MIS to various stakeholders. Fixed Income product knowledge an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint knowledge. VBA and knowledge of Hyperion Essbase and other OLAP reporting tools will be an advantage.
- Track record of working on and developing executive level reporting desireable
- Strong communication skills and ability to present confidently, articulately and credibly. Must have a strong ability to communicate in English.Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Self - Starter, problem solver and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage workload in challenging and busy environment. Ability to prioritise and balance multi and often conflicting requests/timeframes.
- Demonstrate a keeness to learn about the Global Markets business and related products.