About the Role:
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
WSP are looking for an Engineering Geologist/ Geotechnical Engineer to join our existing team in Leeds. This role is available on either a full-time or a part-time basis.
A typical week would include:
- The production of professional and technically competent reports and liaison with specialists and clients,
- Preparing ground models and design parameters
- Analysis of slopes, walls, foundations and other geotechnical structures.
- Providing support in all aspects of project delivery including client liaison and co-ordinating with colleagues from other disciplines..
- Contributing to the implementation of higher sustainability and better use of 3D data in our project delivery.
- Site based work supervising ground investigation and construction.
- Using our newly developed geotechnical training framework in the development of both yourself and your colleagues at all grades. We promote a culture of learning from each other through our collective experience.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A fundamental appreciation of ground risk and site investigation.
- A good grasp of basic soil mechanics and engineering principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to generate high quality reports and design deliverables.
- Ambition to progress towards chartered status.
- Working knowledge of Eurocode 7 and UK annex design codes, ground investigation and construction contracts and specifications.
- Familiarity with geotechnical modelling and/or design software.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come