NOMURA ASSET MANAGEMENT - JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Equity Analyst
Corporate Title: VP
Department: Asset Management
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
The Equities team manages a range of developed and emerging market portfolios on behalf of retail and institutional clients to a total of around $3bn assets under management. The research team provides detailed bottom-up analytical support and idea generation for the portfolio managers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and analyse stocks in several sectors (likely focused on Consumer), including discounted cash flow analysis (using MS Excel) and ESG research and analysis.
- Write-up research and analysis as stock review and sector notes using MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Present research, analysis and investment recommendations to portfolio managers and broader team including creation of presentation material.
- Maintain estimates of fair or intrinsic value for the stocks of interest on an ongoing basis.
- Assist portfolio managers and broader team with ad hoc stock queries and questions.
- On occasions make external presentations to clients and prospects on own research and/or sales related material.
- Adhere to the NAM code of conduct and all regulatory requirements.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong interest in investment.
- Likely to have several years of investment research experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-organisation and self-motivation.
- Clear and concise communication.
- Bloomberg, MS Office.
- Numerate and clear communication.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team player.
Right to Work
The UK Government requires all employers by law to check that applicants have the right to work in the UK. Therefore, you will need to have the relevant documentation to prove that you are allowed to live and work in the UK.