This successful independent travel company is seeking an experienced European Mediterranean Product Manager/Executive to join their busy London team, initially on a part-time basis of around 3 days a week, to drive and expand their European product portfolio. You will also work cross-functionally to complete product roadmaps and discover new opportunities.
Major requirements of the role include: planning and managing key projects focused on growing and developing further the brands, hitting product targets across all brands and destinations and managing all product and operations activity including availability updates, arrival instructions and supplier communication. This is a results-oriented position.
- Development and growth of the Mediterranean villa product program through online as well as other distribution channels.
- Seeking out and contracting new properties.
- Nurture strong supplier relationships with Key Partners and suppliers
- Recognising market trends, new destinations and sourcing new suppliers.
- Attendance at product and marketing events.
- Tactically negotiate contracts and rates ensuring all prices remain competitive. You will be contracting new properties across a range of destinations to meet quality, quantity and revenue-based targets.
- Analysing, develop, diversify, expand and strengthen the product portfolio including carrying out a feasibility study to develop new markets.
- Carry out research and present new destinations backed up with figures and statistics.
- Produce reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Loading product including writing copy, sourcing and editing images and maintaining full accuracy across descriptions, pricing etc.
- Work closely with the sales team including training, updating and assisting with any queries.
- Involvement with newsletters, leaflets and e-marketing including social media to ensure optimum product exposure
- Negotiate promotions, early booking discounts, seasonal offers, value ads/tactical offers, securing marketing funds, tie ins with tourist boards and other complementary businesses.
- Ensure all product is presented accurately and at least once a year, every detail on each product page is thoroughly checked to ensure any changes have been updated.
- Conduct Competitor analysis for marketing and price parity.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a European/Mediterranean product role within the travel industry, along with strong Mediterranean product knowledge is essential
- Dynamic individual with a hard-work ethic and can-do attitude
- Enthusiastic with a self-motivated outlook
- Must be able to produce relevant original well written copy quickly as well as come up with eye catching sales headlines. Excellent verbal and written skills
- Commercial acumen, negotiating & pricing skills
- Experience sourcing new suppliers
- Ability to negotiate new contracts and offers as well as building new relationships with suppliers
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
What is on offer in return
- Part-Time hours 3 days a week
- Varied job role
- On-site training
- Being part of a friendly and warm team working for a forward thinking and dynamic travel company in which you will be rewarded for your hard work
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated Product professional with travel industry experience to join a highly regarded holiday company during the next stage of its growth. If you have the relevant experience and knowledge please contact Michael at Travel Trade Recruitment or submit your CV by clicking on 'Apply'.