Exams and Security Co-ordinator
Location: Cambridge, GB
Contract: Fixed-term for 12 months, part-time 15 hours per week
Salary: £20,000 - £26,000 (pro rata)
What it’s about
As an Exams and Security Co-ordinator you will be playing a vital role in helping to produce exam materials for candidates all over the world. If you are calm and organised and enjoy keeping projects and people on track – the Exams and Security Co-ordinator role may be for you! You would be joining a very supportive and close-knit team.
We are happy for you to suggest a mutually suitable work pattern and will be as flexible as possible.
What you’ll be doing
- Exam processing:
- Timely processing of exam materials to the Print and Inventory team
- Use of in-house item banking system to log and oversee progress of material production
- To provide high-quality administrative services by using Microsoft Office and other internal systems
- Generate reports for managers using in-house systems
- To contribute to and participate in process and system improvements such as User Acceptance Testing
What we’re looking for
At least Grade C English at GCSE level or equivalent.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook & Access databases)
- Good Time management and organisational skills
- Ability to pick up new systems and processes
- Experience of following a set of documented processes and procedures
- Experience of providing a high level of customer service
- Experience of office administration/data processing
- Previous office experience in a busy office environment
- UAT testing
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Annual salary review and discretionary company bonus
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1st March 2020 and interviews will be held on Wednesday, 11th March 2020.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER