EY Reconnect – TAS Opportunities - London, Manchester & Birmingham
EY Reconnect is our career returners programme, providing a bridge for professionals re-entering the workplace after an extended career break. The 12-week programme offers a supported route back into work with induction, coaching and mentoring for talented individuals. You will reconnect with your career, your previous experience and expertise. At the end of the programme, you will be considered for a permanent role with EY.
This is your opportunity to join our Transactions practice as part of the EY Reconnect programme. You’ll have the opportunity to be part of our successful Transaction Advisory Services team which will enable you to build upon your consulting, technical and analytical skills.
You’ll be responsible for supporting the business across a number of different transaction related projects and have a varied, strong commercial background. The Transactions team provides a great opportunity to join a growing, commercially successful team. Opportunities exist across our business at Manager level and above.
We would in particular welcome applications from candidates from all sectors including Financial Services, with the one or more below expertise:
- Business Modelling
- Corporate Finance
- Due Diligence
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Debt Advisory
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly Numerate – having a strong technical knowledge is key.
- Technically minded – you will work within a transactions based environment which will require a good technical mind-set and a passion to learn
- Organisation – demonstrating strong organisation and management skills
- Communication - Communicating effectively with the engagement manager, the client, and the junior members of the team that you may coach, in a concerted effort towards delivering work products of the highest standard
- Support - assisting team members on current projects
To qualify for the role you must have
- Previous experience within a transactions based environment either across FS or non-FS sectors
- Client facing experience within a transactions based environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and previous experience of similar team work.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A strong finance, accounting, and/or transactions background
- Project management, delegation and staff supervision experience
To be eligible for EY Reconnect, you will need to have:
- Taken career break of between 2 & 10 years
- A background in professional services or relevant industry sector
- Experience at Manager level or above
- Availability to join the 12 week programme from mid-September ‘18
- The right to work in the UK
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- A Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Company, Times Top 50 Employers for Women, Top 10 Employers for Working Families, and a Stonewall Star Performer.
- Well established & thriving networks across the firm.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Join us in building a better working world.