Overview of x+why
x+why are changing the way the world works for good. We are uniting purpose driven businesses in uniquely designed coworking space and inspiring them to create greater change. We believe business should be used as a force for good and companies who do this are building better relationships with customers, suppliers and employees and therefore a more ethical, long term and profitable brand. Imagine what can be achieved by putting all of these types of business under one roof.
We are a B Corporation pending business and have signed up some amazing members in our first space in Whitechapel Road which is 23,000 sq ft. We have 2 additional sites (one of which is due to open in March) and the plan is to build x+why into a global kitemark for responsible business and build out the number of these coworking spaces across the world.
Our CFO is going on maternity leave in early February so we need someone to take over from her whilst she is off, with the hope that the right candidate will stay on as her FC when she returns. Her husband is CEO of the business, so she is likely to stay in touch during maternity leave but needs someone to take over day to day responsibilities, taking ownership of management and responsibility for all finance processes, systems, management accounts, cash flow, treasury management, relationships with third parties.
- Pulling together Month End Reports for Landlords (bookkeeping is outsourced)
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Creating batch payment runs in Xero
- Assist property team with any queries on raising invoices to members and credit control
- Financial Modelling for new sites
- Budget control for new site fitout including sign offs according to internal process
- Assisting CEO with fundraising decisions and financial modelling
- Updating yearly budgets for sites and head office
- Go-to person for the CEO to rely on for any financial guidance and advice
- General oversight of all financial elements of the business
Required skills and experience:
- ACA or equivalent qualification preferred
- Financial modelling experience with extensive use of excel
- Be comfortable with using complex IT systems
- Experience of using Xero
- Property experience an advantage but not essential
- Proven ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders
- A planner and communicator at all levels
- Someone who genuinely believes in the concept of business as a force for good and wants to help something or someone
We are totally flexible as to where you work, although feel the occasional trip to London (Aldgate East/Whitechapel) to see the team and meet the members would be beneficial. We have a monthly management meeting you would be required to attend to talk through the month end financials with the team. You would be welcome to work in our offices whenever you wish and enjoy the amazing benefits we offer each employee.
We feel this is a 2-3 day a week role initially, but we are happy to review based on scope, skill and requirement of the right candidate.
We want to give you purpose – a genuine opportunity to make a change. We also hope you will grow with us as the business grows and become an integral cog in our expansion.
The sooner the better!