Harvey Nash's public sector client is currently looking to recruit a Finance Analyst on an initial 23 month contract. The role will be part time (30 hours per week) the rate is £12.96 - £16.36 per hour. The role will be remote for the time being, then can either be based in the clients Edinburgh or Glasgow office.
- Run reports from eFinancials using BOXi to extract details of financial transactions to review both pay and non-pay transactions to ensure financial reports reflect an accurate position of the expenditure to date for the directorate, identifying and posting correcting journals where required.
- Reconcile the staffing establishment for their directorate(s) against the budget, investigating any discrepancies and informing the appropriate department of the correcting action to be taken.
- Using knowledge of accounting principles identify accrual and prepayments required and post to the appropriate financial period.
- Produce the first draft of the Variance Analysis report (VAR) including explanations of the variances, investigating any unusual results and reporting their findings to the Finance Manager.
- Support the Finance Manager in meetings with the Directorate to discuss the Initial Variance Analysis report, and process any amendments as required. Take notes/minutes at review meetings and ensure actions required are completed.
- Analyse financial transactions to support the reporting within the Annual Accounts process.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operational plan for the directorate ensuring financial information is entered onto the planning system accurately and in line with the planning timetable.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as required by the Directorate and senior Finance team colleagues.
This role has been deemed inside IR35 by the client, therefore, the use of an Umbrella company is required. Please click the link to apply.
Role: Finance Analyst (Part Time) - 23 Months - EDI/GLA
Job Type: Contract
Location: Glasgow, Lanarkshire,
Apply for this job now.