About the role
You can get further details about the nature of this opening, and what is expected from applicants, by reading the below.
This role is part of the key team responsible for providing analytical support and financial reporting to the BRP Retail Sales teams.
Reporting to the Finance Manager - FP&A and Supplier Income, this is a part-time role (3 days per week - to include Fridays).
This role will require you to use your analytical skills to review our sales data to question and challenge when required and to support profitable decision making.
Maintenance of the store profitability database inputs including capturing sales, margin, cases and delivery information and 4-weekly spend & save data by site.
Analysis of weekly margins and pricing to understand the promotional mix of the business and relative pricing between Budgens & Londis and Premier.
Preparation of Commercial Proposals for new business.
Control and reconciliation of the 'outside terms' elements of Supplier Income that are not classified as Gate Fees.
Ad hoc analytical work as directed by the Finance Manager or Head of Financial Planning & Analysis.
You will need
To be successful in this role you will be a proactive, focused and results driven individual with a high level of accuracy and integrity with the addition of:
Minimum of 3 years in a Finance Analyst role (this is not an entry level role)
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong computer literacy skills e.g. MS Word & Powerpoint
Intermediate Excel skill level required e.g. able to confidently create and use pivot tables, vlookups and additional formulae
Able to work as part of a team
Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you'll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*