Finance & Administration Assistant
£23,000 per year (pro-rata) – Part time, Permanent
Location: Trim Street, Bath
About Abney and Baker
Founded in 2015, we're a small but growing ethical care company based in Bath and West Wiltshire. We put respect for our clients and our team members at the heart of every decision we make. We provide personally-tailored support to those in our communities who need a little extra help to get the most out of their daily lives.
We’ve spent our first five years focusing on creating the best possible client and employee experiences. We are proud to have built an excellent reputation, and to be amongst the Top 20 UK Home Care Groups in 2020.
Now is the time for us to focus on growing our business both within our current geographic territories and by expanding into new areas. With this in mind, we are recruiting for this newly created role to help strengthen our existing financial and administrative processes and prepare us for our exciting next steps.
About the role
15-20 hours per week (flexible working hours are available), based at our office at Trim Street, Bath.
You’ll play an integral part in the day-to-day financial management and administration processes of the business, with key responsibilities to include:
- Accounts receivable including client set up, raising invoices, credit control;
- Accounts payable including supplier set up, invoice processing, staff expenses, and making payments;
- Bank and other key reconciliations;
- Assisting with the monthly payroll process, including employee set up, managing leavers, auto-enrolment pension contributions, and calculating holiday/sickness pay;
- Delivery of all general office administration;
- Any other administration tasks as required, including ordering stationery and office equipment, organising meetings and minute-taking.
- You’ll be positive, proactive and resourceful with a strong attention to detail and an eye for opportunities to improve;
- A natural self-starter, you will be able to organise your priorities effectively to ensure key deadlines are met;
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office;
- Experience using Accountancy Software (ideally Xero);
- You’ll have previous experience in a similar role, with Finance experience being essential;
- You’ll share our values and want to be part of a company that believes that taking an ethical approach to how we treat colleagues and clients is at the heart of building a sustainable, successful business;
- Finally, you’ll be the sort of person that thinks being part of a young company and helping it achieve its potential is an exciting opportunity.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by Mon 16th November.