About Abney and Baker
Founded in 2015, we're a small but growing ethical care company based in Bath and West Wiltshire. We put respect for our clients and for our team members at the heart of every decision we make. We provide personally-tailored support to those in our communities who need a little extra help to get the most out of their daily lives.
We’ve spent our first three years focusing on creating the best possible client and employee experiences. We are proud to have built an excellent reputation with 95% client satisfaction and 5-star employee reviews.
Now is the time for us to focus on growing our business both within our current geographic territories and by expanding into new areas. With this in mind, we are recruiting for this newly-created role to help strengthen our existing financial processes and prepare us for our exciting next steps.
About the role
15-20 hours/week, starting September 2019
You’ll play the lead role in the day-to-day financial management of the business, with key responsibilities to include:
- Accounts receivable including client set up, raising invoices, credit control
- Accounts payable including supplier set up, invoice processing, staff expenses, payment
- Bank and other key reconciliations
- Monthly payroll processing from timesheets to HMRC submissions, including employee set up, analysis of changes in the month (e.g. starters/leavers), managing additions and deductions including PAYE, auto-enrolment pension contributions, holiday pay etc
- Liaising with HMRC and the company’s accountants on statutory matters
- Month-end journals
- Timely and accurate financial and management reporting including KPI analysis, mainly from Xero
- Operational analysis using Excel and other relevant tools
- Liaising with Systems resource and external parties to improve processes, systems and controls
- You’ll be a proactive, resourceful and commercially-focused finance professional with a strong attention to detail and an eye for opportunities to improve
- A natural self-starter, you will be able to organise your priorities effectively to ensure key deadlines are met and financial controls are robust
- Payroll experience, advanced Excel skills and Xero Accounting experience are particularly desirable
- Applications are welcome from part-qualified CIMA/ACCA/AAT accountants and also those qualified by experience (minimum 5 years)
- Flexible working hours are available outside of core month-end processes where hours will be more defined
- You’ll share our values and want to be part of a young company that believes that taking an ethical approach to how we treat colleagues and clients is at the heart of building a sustainable, successful business
- Finally, you’ll be the sort of person that thinks being part of a young company and helping it achieve its potential is an exciting opportunity