About Our Client
Our client, Anderson Quigley, brings together decades of knowledge and experience in executive search, interim management and advisory services. They are driven by their core values integrity, diversity and hands-on project ownership, supporting organisations that focus on society and social development, delivering leadership recruitment in education, healthcare, charities and government.
Anderson Quigley are a fast paced and professional firm wholly focused on excellent client and candidate delivery. They pride themselves on their collaborative and caring team nature with a great working environment.
This role is open to a range of flexible working options including shorter/longer working days, school hours,or flex during school holidays.
Summary of job purpose
The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator, capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously whilst establishing credibility within the business and importantly with clients and candidates. You must have strong organisation skills and excellent attention to detail. You will have the support of an experienced Operations Director and Finance Director, but you must be proactive and able to self-motivate.
- Monitoring and management of finance inbox for all finance correspondence;
- Reconciliation of bank transactions via Xero feed;
- Manage interim timesheet portal;
- Schedule, process and reconcile fortnightly and monthly interim BACS payments;
- Raise and distribute all sales invoicing for Search and Interim;
- Record all bills and schedule supplier payments;
- Assist Finance Director with credit control and debtor/cash management;
- Process expenses – personal and company credit cards;
- Manage and reconcile office petty cash;
- Monthly accruals/prepayments and depreciation journals;
- Produce accounts to trial balance for review by the Finance Director;
- Ad hoc reporting, income/expenditure analysis;
- Draft commission statements for Finance Director; and
- Assist Finance Director in migrating historic data to Xero.
- AAT qualified or CIMA/ACCA/ACA part qualified;
- Xero experience an absolute must;
- Receiptbank experience an advantage; and
- Recruitment/Search/Consultancy experience an advantage.
- Strong and effective communicator;
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work effectively in pressurised environments and deliver to deadlines;
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision;
- Approachable personality, with a “can do” attitude; and
- Ability to interact at multiple levels within the organisation including Board level.
Wider involvement across the business:
- Ensure seamless customer, candidate and client communication as required by colleagues;
- Ensure co-ordination of projects to assist with the support of business development and delivery;
- Adhering to best practice standards as set out by the business and ensuring compliance with all systems and processes for data;
- Pro-actively seek improvements in systems and procedures to improve project delivery, management information and Business Unit effectiveness;
- Dealing promptly and courteously with all enquiries from the business’ clients, candidates & consultants; and
- Ensuring the business is compliant at all times with relevant UK legislation that governs the recruitment industry.
Broader business contribution:
- Taking responsibility for meeting personal objectives;
- Working with colleagues to support the overall business in reaching its goals and targets;
- Focusing activity on business priorities and the overall business plan;
- Supporting and contributing to knowledge sharing across the business;
- Helping others to develop and improve processes and systems;
- Supporting the implementation of corporate initiatives and improvements;
- Contributing to business-wide projects;
- Contributing to and participating in the business’ events and activities; and
- Any other duties commensurate with the level and scope of the role.
- A commitment to the values and mission of Anderson Quigley, their culture as One Team and the development of their firm as a market leader with a reputation for world-class delivery.
Skills and Abilities:
- Communication/interpersonal skills – ability to speak and write in a clear, persuasive manner to influence and build credibility and relationships with people at all levels of seniority;
- Proactive – ability to identify and drive new initiatives to support the business and its growth. Taking responsibility for own projects and driving them towards completion;
- Organisational skills – ability to plan ahead, manage competing priorities to deliver and contribute to the improvement of systems, procedures and ways of working;
- Problem solving skills – ability to think laterally to provide prompt, practical, cost effective solutions to challenges and problems;
- Attention to detail – ensure close attention to detail is maintained at all times; and
- Personal interest – a natural curiosity in the sectors we partner.
Experience of senior level work as part of a team in a busy office environment including:
- Managing and following complex administrative systems and procedures;
- Managing multiple projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- Providing support to senior managers and liaising with a wide range of senior stakeholders;
- Handling highly confidential and sensitive information;
- Working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent standard of numeracy and computer literacy;
- Exceptional administration skills;
- Programme and project management – able to identify operational and resource requirements to drive progress and manage and mitigate risk to meet performance targets and meet deadlines;
- Organisational skills – ability to plan ahead, manage competing priorities to make efficient use of the time and resources available, deliver and contribute to the improvement of systems, procedures and ways of working;
- Communication/interpersonal skills – excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as relationship building focus; and
- Problem solving skills – ability to act on own initiative and provide prompt, practical, cost effective solutions to challenges and problems.
- Leads by example;
- Customer / candidate focus;
- Outcome focused - proactive, makes things happen, adapts to changing priorities, remains calm under pressure and tenacious in the face of obstacles;
- Commercial focus - weighs up the commercial implications of everything they do;
- Quality focus – methodical, shows attention to detail and is keen to deliver in line with the business’ premium branding and to take opportunities to learn and develop expertise; and
- Team focus - enthusiastically supports team members and displays an inclusive approach.