Do you want to play a part in a rapidly growing ethical coffee company, as well as being an active member of our friendly and enthusiastic team? Then read on...
Volcano Coffee Works
Volcano Coffee Works is one of London’s leading small batch Speciality coffee roasters, selling to some of London’s top restaurants and cafes, as well as B2C. We are passionate about providing ethically sourced coffee which has both a sustainable and social impact as well as being in line with our environmental beliefs.
The team is made up of 35 coffee enthusiasts who are diverse, passionate, hardworking and fun. We work in an environment where you can be yourself and make a difference.
The Finance Assistant Role
We are looking to find an ambitious and motivated individual to join our team in our Brixton office.
You will be a critical member of our talented team, covering a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities across multiple business functions. Primarily you will work with, and report to our Finance Manager to support all elements of our business.
The role is suitable for a candidate with demonstrable experience, that understands the nuts and bolts of accounting, and who can hit the ground running.
Responsibilities - to facilitate timely reporting, performance monitoring and decision making through:
- Assist the Finance Manager in month end close, including:
- Preparing and posting journals (intercompany transactions, accruals, prepayments, fixed asset capitalisation)
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Help produce monthly sales analysis reports (by kg, product, customer, sales channel), including tracking new business generated as well as any lost
- Producing weekly/monthly bank reconciliations, including multi-currency and across different platforms
- Setting up Direct Debits with suppliers and customers when required
- Process supplier payments and pre-approve for FM
- Assist in the stocktake
- Processing purchase invoices
- Issuing sales invoices
- Customer debtor control
- Assist in ad-hoc admin tasks as needed
Experience and Attributes
- Minimum 1 year experience in a relevant role
- Experience using Xero preferable, as well as competent using Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Enthusiasm to learn and a high level of organisation, with an ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to work autonomously
- Team player capable of building strong relationships
- Preferably educated to degree level
- Experience and/or an interest in working for SME’s in FMCG
- Right to work in the United Kingdom
Remuneration and Hours
Full time (Monday – Friday), flexible working or compressed hours or school hours could be considered for the right candidate. Immediately available, notice periods of less than one month considered.
Competitive salary based on experience.
Nice extra: team incentives and activities, breakfast and lunch provided, L&D opportunities (including CIMA/AAT funding), 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, access to company pension scheme. And of course, as much coffee as you can handle!
Please send your CV and a cover letter including the thing that excites you most about this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.