About Delivering Deal Value (DDV)Our DDV team, within Consulting, assists both Corporate and Private Equity clients in a wide range of business critical operational and transformational challenges, driven by Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity. We advise our clients on deals with values ranging from £50 million to over £5 billion.
DDV focuses on providing support to our clients as they navigate potential/actual transactions and assists clients in all operational aspects of the transaction, pre and post completion, including
• Buy and sell side operational due diligence
• Synergy development and review
• Carve out and divestment support
• Taking control and 100 day planning
• M&A Integration support
• Post-acquisition performance improvement
DDV has grown to a core team of over 140 practitioners, specialising across industry sectors and business functions.
As part of the transaction process, the DDV team develops a rapid understanding of the target/client business in order to quickly assimilate the key operational issues, synergies, risks and upsides around a transaction, under deal timelines. We are then involved in helping our clients with the post deal implementation, advising on synergy realisation, cost reduction opportunities, implementation plans and programme management.
The team works closely with PwC’s Deal Advisory teams including Deals Strategy, Financial Due Diligence, Regulatory, Legal and Tax teams. These specialist teams are uniquely placed to advise at all stages of a deal from strategic inception through to due diligence to post deal planning and integration.
About DDV Finance
The DDV Finance team comprises of c.15 Finance function specialists, and sits within the wider DDV team. We work with and support CFOs and their Finance functions, across all sectors, as they go through change as a result of deal activity. Our work spans across the entire deals continuum and could be as part of a standalone Finance function engagement or as part of a wider cross functional DDV engagement.
Our team has a mix of backgrounds ranging from audit, consulting and industry experience in running businesses and implementing change within the Finance function.
Due to continued success and increased demand for our services, DDV Finance is seeking to enhance this team via select, high calibre appointments.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to work autonomously and operate on their own initiative. They will be required to work across a number of industries on a variety of projects with colleagues at all levels.
Whilst primarily London based, our deal involvement is global in nature and candidates must be prepared to travel widely as and when required.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in an operational Finance role (in-house or consulting) which could include managing the function, or a sub-function, or experience across a number of activities such as budgeting and planning, management reporting, cash management or financial processes (PTP, RTR, OTC etc.)
- Involvement in working on change projects / business improvement and delivering quantifiable benefit to their organisation (in-house or consulting)
- Experience of managing Finance change / transformation projects (e.g. TOM, shared services, outsourcing)
- A good understanding of the structure and underlying processes supporting the Finance function
- Comfort around financial analysis and understanding of the key operational / business drivers
- Good interpersonal skills, including experience of interacting with senior clients or internal stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience of developing internal/ external networks with an ability to quickly develop effective working relationships
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to produce high-quality written reports and present to senior stakeholders
- The ability to quickly understand large amounts of information and draw out hypotheses and key messages
- An ability to operate on your own initiative and to work through ambiguity, often to tight timescales
Desirable skills and experience
- Exposure to Finance function merger integrations and/or carve outs
- M&A transformation or divestiture experience, ideally synergy, integration and/or carve-out, and/or change projects
- Knowledge of deals, which might include operational due diligence, synergy reviews, integrations and carve-outs
- Ability to manage change projects
- Knowledge and understanding of core ERPs and Finance systems
- Accounting qualification
- Consulting experience (internal or external)