As a Director, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively lead the practise by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
- Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
- Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
- Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
- Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Responsibility for management of engagement financials
- Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching
PwC Consulting helps organisations to work smarter and grow faster. With plans to treble its revenues over the next four years, Consulting is the fastest growing area of PwC. We offer practical, far-sighted advice and exceptional delivery. That can mean improving the way an organisation operates, reducing costs, managing risks, making the most of talent or fundamentally changing the way a business works.
We provide knowledge and experience to enable the Finance Department to respond to the changing needs and expectations of the business and to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance operations whilst addressing the ever-increasing challenges of new regulatory requirements. We provide full lifecycle support to CFO's on Finance function redesign including advising on optimal organisation, process and systems design and providing end-to-end support for subsequent implementation.
We support clients across the private sector in the following areas
Developing Finance vision and strategy;
Assessing and improving the role, organisation and effectiveness of finance functions;
Designing and implementing the target operating model (TOM);
Finance system design and implementation;
Implementing and optimising shared service centres;
Outsourcing advisory services from strategy through to execution;
Scoping and delivering sustainable cost reduction;
Process design and optimisation.
You will be expected to primarily work on client engagements, contributing to and leading finance change projects (‘delivery’), although you will also spend time supporting the development of operational finance solutions and thought leadership (‘development’).
Essential skills and experience
Substantive experience from a consulting firm or professional services company (Essential)
Track record of managing finance change projects
Ability in stakeholder management and relationship building;
Supported the development of solutions to Finance function challenges in the following areas
Shared Service Centres / Outsourcing
Finance process redesign
Cost reduction solutions such as finance systems implementation
Operating model change, including business partnership roles;
Finance system design and implementation
Education to degree level plus either formal accounting qualification or equivalent understanding of accounting principles.
Desirable Skills & Experience
Understanding of back office transformation approaches outside of pure finance such as HR, IT or Procurement transformation
Used a Lean approach to process / cost optimisation;
Used benchmarking techniques and data