Richard Brendon Ltd, an internationally celebrated tableware brand, is seeking a part time Financial Controller to run the finance operations as the business expands. Based in West London, this is a newly created role, with flexibility as to how the 3 days/ week are split regarding hours and homeworking.
Richard Brendon launched in 2013 to create contemporary and timeless tableware, produced entirely by master craftspeople around the world.
As an internationally celebrated brand, Richard Brendon products challenge perceptions of what traditional materials such as bone china and crystal look like. We work with some of the leading hotels, restaurants, retailers and interior designers around the world to bring modern and progressive bone china and crystal glassware to a whole new audience.
At Richard Brendon, we always seek out the finest materials and work with highly skilled craftspeople to produce pieces of exceptional quality. We care deeply about the provenance of our products and are committed to working with, and supporting, the heritage craft industries that make them. By bringing together contemporary design and traditional craftsmanship, we believe it is possible to create timeless collections.
Richard Brendon is a high growth business, with 250% growth in the last year, taking revenues to over £1m. We are planning to keep growing, as we launch new products and into new geographies, with the USA being our main target this year. To support this growth we are implementing an ERP system (SAP Business One) and building up our inhouse team.
The Finance Controller role is a newly created role. We currently have a bookkeeper who manages the ledgers; now that we are growing we need more support.
You will be the key day-to-day finance contact and business support for the team, working closely with the directors and heads of department. You will need to have a strong grasp of all areas of the business, with especial focus on the commercials and cash.
This is a hands-on role and will entail month end journals and ledger closes; regular cashflows; managing the sales and operations forecasts; budgets; being the superuser for the ERP system; year end accounts; - basically, you will be running the finances for a small business with the support of a bookkeeper, an FD and a NED.
There is ample potential to grow the role as the business grows, and we want to hire someone excited to join us on this fast-paced journey.
This is a 3 day/week role, with flexibility over hours and potential to work from home. We will require a minimum of 2 days/week in the office as this role needs to interact with the whole business.
YOUR KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY WILL BE:
- Forecasting: working with both the sales and operational teams’ forecasts and ensuring consistency between the two
- Cashflow forecasting
- Managing funding relationships and drawing down of cash
- Ad hoc support and analysis for Senior Management, including ROI on investment, commercial decision making, financial insights for strategic decisions
- Ensuring financial controls are in place and are appropriate and adequate for the business as it grows
- SAP B1 (ERP system) superuser
- Month end journals, close and reporting
- Managing the bookkeeper
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- ACA Qualification
- At least 2 years post-qualification experience in an in-house finance role, involving month end close, forecasts/ budgets and interaction with non-finance staff
- Experience managing AP/AR teams and processes
- Experience in a manufacturing or business with inventory an advantage
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to translate financial jargon into plain English
- Problem solver, creative thinker, resilient mindset
- Company secretarial/ regulatory experience an advantage
WHY WORK FOR RB?
- Fast paced entrepreneurial environment where you will see your actions growing and developing the business. Your actions will be implemented fast as there are not multiple layers of bureaucracy and red tape.
- Fast growing start-up, expanding via new products and geographies.
- Fast growing team and opportunity to manage others and become part of senior management as the business grows.
- Relaxed work environment.
- We have amazing customers, we work with many of the best hotels, restaurants and retailers in the world. Customers include: The Four Seasons, Harrods, The Conran Shop, etc.
- Competitive salary with performance-based incentives.
- 25 holiday days per year plus Bank Holidays (FTE).