I have a fantastic opportunity for a strong and FULLY qualified Financial Controller to join this well-known travel company and shape and improve its dynamic finance department. This position is Part Time and based over 3 Full days.
The main purpose of the role is to oversee the accounts department and be responsible for preparation of management accounts and end of year statutory audit pack for external auditors. You will be responsible for ensuring all accounts functions are undertaken in a timely manner in accordance with the rota which is prepared and overseen by you. You will be responsible for analysing the management information and discussing with management your recommendations for acting on said information. You are also expected to make necessary efficiency improvements where you consider there is a better way of achieving processes within the department.
Outline of Role:
Working in a small finance team within the travel industry providing an efficient and robust credit control and administrative service.
- Proven experience within the credit control function of an Accounts department and relevant skills.
- Strong administration and coordination skills.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- The ability to communicate professionally at all levels.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
- Able to work in a busy, professional environment
- Proactive in their approach
- Willingness to learn
- A team player who can manage, motivate and work alongside others.
- Statement preparation
- Manage daily aged debtor reports to ensure prompt collection and condense aged debt to meet agreed objectives.
- Highlight problems and issues when they occur for timely resolution
- Prepare aged debt reports
- Daily/Weekly statement preparation
- Action direct debit receipting and queries
- Assisting with receipting into accounting system
- Action and resolve statement queries
- Review SPS & TAPS aged debt and resolve queries
- PXP reporting and statement to PXP partners
A competitive starting salary is available for the successful candidate and this is negotiable and dependent on experience. In addition there will be a bonus and extensive benefits package, as well as solid opportunities for career development.
Please follow the instructions to apply, attaching your CV or to or contact us on