We're looking for an experienced FD to take ownership of the numbers and help drive this growing business forward. This is a permanent, part-time role 2-3 days per week. Working arrangements flexible.
HAMILTON AND HARE:
Hamilton and Hare is a premium men’s underwear and loungewear business.
Founder, Olivia Francis set out to elevate this overlooked category of men’s wardrobes with a focus on luxury fabrics, stylish silhouettes and a perfect fit.
Ex M&C Saatchi advertising agency employee, she is also a working mother of two.
Named ‘Brand of Tomorrow 2018’ by Walpole, the official sector body for UK luxury, previous alumni include Orlebar Brown, Bremont and Charlotte Olympia.
The business has grown 100% YOY for last 3 years and whilst still small it has ambition to be a category-leading, international direct-to-consumer brand in the sector.
The business consists of three revenue streams: e-commerce, retail (a store on Chiltern Street in Marylebone and second just opened in Soho), and wholesale (key accounts include Mr Porter and Matches Fashion).
The office is based in Marylebone, we're a small team of 5 people and whilst the role is part-time and flexible, it would require some office time in order to integrate with the team and be part of the culture.
Working alongside the business founder and CEO, we’re looking for a Finance Director who is an excellent accountant and hands-on with company finances. They also need to be extremely commercially aware to give strong strategic direction on the best path of growth for the business.
Joining a young growing business, the right candidate needs to be pragmatic, dynamic and passionate about the business and its trajectory.
- Overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy, expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Setting budget and forecast with monthly KPIs and reviews.
- Help prepare and guide company through further fundraising.
- Working with accountants to prepare and present monthly management accounts and attend and present at quarterly board meetings.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth. Currently using Xero and Cin 7 for sales and stock management.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management.
- Make all payments to suppliers.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements are met.
- Strong accountancy experience and qualifications
- Commercially astute, pragmatic, articulate and strategic.
- Team player, can-do attitude, highly motivated and dynamic, confident.
- SME Retail/ecommerce business experience preferable.
- 2-3 days per week, permanent role.
- Flexible hours - some work from home, some office time. Office is in Marylebone, London W1U.
- Flexibility on start date - this a new role in the company, previously we've used consultants. It could be a staggered start up to Christmas or start date in January.
- Staff discounts available :)