The Wordworks, a small, growing creative agency based within Somerset House, is looking to
appoint an experienced Finance Manager to take responsibility for all financial aspects of the
We are looking for someone who can work independently with minimal supervision, who is as
comfortable working at a strategic level as they are getting stuck into the day-to-day details.
The role will initially be 8-16 hours per week - this can be worked as 3 or 4 shorter days, if required –
and based within our Somerset House office, however flexibility and the option to work some of the
time at home is available. There is the potential for the role to evolve as the business grows.
This is an exciting and varied opportunity for the right candidate to join an ambitious growing
- Day-to-day bookkeeping within Xero
- Raising invoices and chasing up payment
- Paying suppliers
- Tracking project profitability
- Producing monthly management accounts
- Cashflow management
- Quarterly VAT
- Working with the management team to provide financial input for decision making
- Verifying quotes and tracking the status of projects
- Liaising with external accountants to ensure all end of year requirements are met and that annual accounts are accurate
- Developing fit for purpose processes as the business grows
Desirable Experience and Skills:
- Extensive accountancy/financial experience
- Experience of Xero or equivalent small business accounting system
- Proactive attitude and the ability to work with minimal direction
- Desire to combine a bookkeeping role with more strategic decision making
- Financial experience gained within an agency environment would be advantageous
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of a small business
Salary is negotiable and based on experience.
If you have any questions about the role or wish to talk to a member of the team, please do get in touch with us. To apply, click apply and upload your CV and covering letter.